Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mouse options
PixLab thanks for the response.  Yes I am a beginner even though I have used Gimp on and off for several years.  Only recently have I become more involved.  I have programed the scroll wheel in Gimp for the clone/heel size and angle which is very helpful.  I am sure to find more mouse features I want to program.

My reference to fine tuning a selection box was in reference to Lightroom.  I manage my image files in an old stand alone version (I don't want any software that requires a subscription).  I do some preliminary editing in Lightroom before exporting to Gimp.  Their crop function doesn't allow for zooming.  I haven't mastered crop in Gimp yet I get confused with the way it works, not the mouse.  Most of my current work involves merging images together to 16x9 format suitable for viewing on a TV or 16x9 computer monitor as a slide show.  I prefer images to fit the screen.

I crop a lot with Gimp mostly when an image exceeds the canvas.  It is a simple task for me to place a selection around the entire image that exceeds the canvas and select image>>crop to selection.  I also use the canvas size to crop.  Simply resize the canvas to an exact size, move the image into position and then export a PNG.  I then undo a few times to get back to where I was, then import the PNG with the portion of the image I want to have.

I took a brief look at Wacom and it definitely will take more research. The first thing that scared me away was the need for a battery.  Also I prefer a standard USB wired connection.  I also need something that works well while I sit back in my chair with my feet on the desk.

Messages In This Thread
Mouse options - by zeuspaul - 10-10-2021, 09:10 PM
RE: Mouse options - by PixLab - 10-11-2021, 05:52 AM
RE: Mouse options - by zeuspaul - 10-11-2021, 09:23 PM
RE: Mouse options - by PixLab - 10-12-2021, 10:50 AM
RE: Mouse options - by zeuspaul - 10-15-2021, 06:58 AM
RE: Mouse options - by Ofnuts - 10-15-2021, 04:51 PM
RE: Mouse options - by zeuspaul - 10-15-2021, 08:37 PM