Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mouse options
I accidently discovered that I can control the speed of my Cyberpower elite M1-131 mouse cursor on the fly.  There are two small buttons on top of the mouse that raise or lower the DPI.  I have to press them several times as it scrolls through the settings.  I would rather have  one high and one low setting.

I was reading Amazon Q & A for the Logitech G502 gaming mouse. "Within the prgram to control the mouse, Lofgitech G HUB, there are options for "Editing" that include copy, paste, cut, etc. that you can assign to any button."  It also has buttons to change the DPI setting preset.  Copy and paste Windows commands are already easy with the keyboard (Ctrl C, Ctrl V) but maybe there is something else that would be useful, perhaps one button for high DPI and one for low DPI.  It has eleven programmable buttons. It requires their G HUB software to program, its free but??  I don't think my mouse is programmable like the pro version of it.

I did a little reading on Darktable and Lightzone.  Many of the reviews are based on using the program for just a few hours. My first impression was they are not good for file management. I use Lightroom to move files from one folder to another, also for renaming. I didn't get the feeling that this was even possible with these two programs.  They do seem to have some good editing features.  I find the shadow slider in Lightroom has a different curve than Gimp.  Gimp seems to have a lower cut off being useful for deeper shadows.  I use both. From my brief review of these programs it seemed at least one of them has good highlight and shadow control.

I downloaded Darktable and gave it a spin.  It took me a half hour to find my C and E drives with the images!  I will visit again but this is going to be a slow project.

Messages In This Thread
Mouse options - by zeuspaul - 10-10-2021, 09:10 PM
RE: Mouse options - by PixLab - 10-11-2021, 05:52 AM
RE: Mouse options - by zeuspaul - 10-11-2021, 09:23 PM
RE: Mouse options - by PixLab - 10-12-2021, 10:50 AM
RE: Mouse options - by zeuspaul - 10-15-2021, 06:58 AM
RE: Mouse options - by Ofnuts - 10-15-2021, 04:51 PM
RE: Mouse options - by zeuspaul - 10-15-2021, 08:37 PM