Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Filling transparent area with color
(12-02-2021, 01:53 AM)Dan Bryan Wrote: One thing that is kind of odd is the original top horizontal border for the panorama.  I still see that line but it does not interfere with the view and the stars, galaxies etc.
They still show through.

My image size was set to 2048 with a canvas size of 1024 so increasing that would probably give me "better resolution" if I wanted it.
In the screen shot here I have the pointer (circle) set on Polaris which is where we always line up our scope so tracking with the sky is correct.
I know that Polaris is right above one particular tree.

Again I appreciate the tips.  I tried this process about a year ago and while I did have something in the planetarium it was a really odd or obscure image, probably 
because I used the camera panorama mode instead of shooting individual pics like I did this time.

If you dragged another image into your canvas, it will be on its own layer, with its own boundary, so it will show through fine if your panorama layer (with its smaller boundary) is on top.  It's when you try to draw into a layer with a smaller boundary than you expect that you're going to have the problem you had in the first post. Just right click any layer and set them all to Image size to avoid the issue in the future.

If you know your image is 2048 (wide, or high?), then make sure your canvas is at least this size to make the most use of your photo detail Smile

It's hard to know what you mean by "odd or obscure" image but I'm guessing it was a lower resolution and your 2048 (wide?) image will look better.

(12-02-2021, 02:08 PM)Dan Bryan Wrote: I did find info on what the image size needs to be.

IMPORTANT: Make sure all textures have dimensions which are integer powers of 2, i.e. 256, 512, 1024, 2048, 4096, 8192, 16384, ... e.g. 4096 by 1024, 2048 by 2048 and so on.

This is a limitation of OpenGL. Some video hardware will work OK with images with different image dimensions, but many will not display properly, suffer vastly reduced frame rates, and even crash the computer.

No - ignore that, you found some info that's only relevant to using an image as a texture on a 3D model for a video game, running in real time. You're editing a photo, this is not even remotely the same thing, so don't worry about those numbers you read there.  Make your canvas any size you need to, just see what the final result looks like. For this kind of task, if it looks right to you, it's right.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Filling transparent area with color - by Domarius - 12-02-2021, 02:44 PM