Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Scanning directly into GIMP 2.10.24
Quote:Do I really need to be a computer programmer too to accomplish what should be a simple task?

Certainly not the same as Windows-click-n-wish.  I use kubuntu 20.04 / Gimp 2.10.30 / Brother MFC-J825DW / wireless connection so there is some relevance here.

I am about ready to pack in for the day, so until next time,  a couple of things.

The location of the Gimp 2.10 user profile is  ~/.config/GIMP/2.10/ (~ = your home directory) providing it is a regular Gimp install. It is different if you have a flatpak or a snap installation. Whatever you have you can check using in Gimp Edit -> Preferences -> Folders where the paths are shown as: 

If the path is not similar, then you have a flatpak or a snap Gimp version. These are sandboxed and xsane does not work. Let us know what you have and maybe / maybe-not able to help.
-------------
Back to the scanner. You installed the drivers using the Brother debian packages ? Not 100% straight forward, also depends if you use a wireless connection or USB
------------
With SANE installed and XSANE installed running from a terminal do you get this

Even if xsane does not find the scanner you should get that showing xsane works.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Scanning directly into GIMP 2.10.24 - by rich2005 - 02-12-2022, 08:19 PM