Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Default quality keeps changing on Export Image as JPEG window
(03-29-2022, 04:37 PM)rich2005 Wrote: Sad fact but few people read other than the last post, so....

@imagemicx
Go into Edit > Preferences > Image Import & Export Change the "Default Export File Type" to JPEG Image (drop down menu) and Ok that.
Gimp will read the saved jpeg settings on start and use them.

Apologies for knocking you off the last post position but I'm not sure that the default file type setting has any effect on the reading of the saved jpg settings. The configuration variable that holds the default file type is only inspected and used by the file export dialog. I added the code to do this (so that we weren't always stuck with a default of png) and have just checked that nothing else references this variable (apart from the code that handles that page of the preferences dialog). If I'm wrong about this I would be interested to know how what you describe above is happening. (Not trying to start an argument).

@sallyanne
The logic behind the file type offered when exporting a file is not connected with the frequency with which you edit particular file types. The file type is determined as described by the following comment from gimpexportdialog.c:

Code:
/* Priority of default type/extension for Export:
   *   1. Type of last Export
   *   2. Type of the image Import
   *   3. Type of latest Export of any document
   *   4. Default file type set in Preferences
   */

At least that is the way it is intended to work.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Default quality keeps changing on Export Image as JPEG window - by programmer_ceds - 03-29-2022, 09:53 PM