Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ofn-text-path-selection not working
(04-03-2022, 08:16 AM)rich2005 Wrote: The paths forming the text are all open.
Close the paths and the text-path-selection will work. (that is Ofnuts path edits  > join strokes)

That was the problem. 
In all the times I've used this plugin, I've never once not had it work perfectly, so it really took me by surprise.
Thanks so much!

(04-03-2022, 01:13 AM)Krikor Wrote: The question is trying to find out why you are not getting the correct result.

BTW - There's an honorable mention for you in the documentation for this plugin:

I think the question is how you were getting the correct result.  Big Grin
I had the same issue on my home machine, so it's interesting that it worked for you. Maybe @rich2005 can figure that enigma out.

As for the mention, I remember it well. This was not a trivial plugin to write and it has saved me so much time. I maintain that that this functionality should be built into the core. No sane person would think the default behavior would be acceptable, but they would just reply that gimp is not a vector program. :\

Many continued thanks to ofnuts for all the scripts he has helped me with over the years.  
Directly or indirectly he has helped me with:
  • ofn-preset-guides
  • ofn-text-path-selection
  • ofn-remove-tangents
  • ofn-fit-canvas-to-path
  • ofn-paths-to-selection (all visible paths to selection)
  • ofn-path-edits (specifically - break text path apart)
and of course a special thanks to @rich2005 for tirelessly providing expert advice anyone in need. (and some plugins as well)

Messages In This Thread
ofn-text-path-selection not working - by akovia - 04-02-2022, 07:02 PM
RE: ofn-text-path-selection not working - by akovia - 04-03-2022, 01:55 PM