Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
An "Alpha" layer blending mode - need help with building
Thanks for the support - I should've probably given more background here.
I have to apply the operation on two sets of 180 images, for which i'm using the plugin "interleave layers" and "export layers" (which i guess are actually made by you, @Ofnuts)
That's the reason why i was so keen on making it a layer mode.

(04-10-2022, 08:48 AM)rich2005 Wrote: Just a thought, using layer masks for the transparency. This old plug-in create-layer-mask-from.py might be the basis for improvement.
Looks like this 40 second demo https://i.imgur.com/513j34U.mp4
I can not remember where the script comes from, probably the now defunct plugin-registry, so zipped and attached.
Definitely beats manually extracting the alpha channel from one image and applying it the the other. It's gonna be hard managing the input for a series of pictures, though.

(04-10-2022, 12:33 PM)Ofnuts Wrote: "Looks like the "ClipToBackDrop" setting: .."
That works perfectly! Now i just need a way to set the composition mode of many layers at once.
An easy option would be setting it in your interleaving script, during the copyLayers action.
It should be something like
Code:
base.preserve_transparency=True
or
over.composite_mode=CLIP_TO_BACKDROP

Both obviously don't work, but i can't find the name of the property i need here - the python documentation is older than i am.

Messages In This Thread
RE: An "Alpha" layer blending mode - need help with building - by Ismir Egal - 04-11-2022, 12:31 AM