Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to turn off fuzzy selection mask?
[attachment=7809][attachment=7809]
Rich,

Thank you for your reply (and the courteous way you requested additional information).

The point I failed to make in my first post is that the Magic Wand dashed outline cursor image appears when I attempt to use the clone tool on a BRAND NEW photo, just opened in a new session of Gimp, with no additional layers (as far as I understand).  This dashed outline is from a previously edited photo which is not open in Gimp at the time.

I have attached a full screen capture of the new photo being edited, also showing the tool sidebar on the left and the layer sidebar on the right.  The clone tool is selected.  In the upper left of the photo you will see the cursor (outlines) image of the Magic Wand from the previously edited photo. 

I'm seeking a way to get rid of this carryover Magic Wand cursor image from the previously edited different photo, so that I can use the clone tool on the new photo normally (i. e., with a circular copy/clone cursor image).

I hope the above is helpful and that the attached screen capture meets expectations.  Thanks again for helping.

Cheers -
Stuart

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Messages In This Thread
How to turn off fuzzy selection mask? - by AVLSTU - 04-22-2022, 01:03 AM
RE: How to turn off fuzzy selection mask? - by AVLSTU - 04-22-2022, 01:53 PM