Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to turn off fuzzy selection mask?
(04-22-2022, 11:35 PM)AVLSTU Wrote:   3.  It would make more sense to me if, by default, the clone tool is automatically reset to its default shape when Gimp is launched.  I don't think this would create a hardship for experienced users.  If I am wrong, perhaps this could be handled through a Gimp preferences option... the default being the automatic reset of the clone default shape, but the user having the option to set it to "retain current clone shape on exiting Gimp."

I hope the above does not sound snarky; I only mean to suggest a possible improvement if it makes sense to the powers that be.  If you disagree, please do not feel compelled to respond, as I have already taken enough of your valuable time.  Thanks again.

Cheers -
Stuart

Not snarky, but I'm thinking that every one should use GIMP your way, or GIMP should be how you envision it, thus it's not an improvement.
Did you asked yourself if long time ago and for many years people were asking to the GIMP team that GIMP should be able to recall the last tool used or brush type like that when re-opening GIMP they do NOT have to search in a plethora of brushes the last one they have used?

Having said all that, it should reset by default, you did something  Big Grin
Go to Edit ➤ Preferences a new window opens Tool Options and un-check that box saying Save tool options on exit then click the OK button. You can also reset all the tools to default on the same screen.

Messages In This Thread
How to turn off fuzzy selection mask? - by AVLSTU - 04-22-2022, 01:03 AM
RE: How to turn off fuzzy selection mask? - by PixLab - 04-23-2022, 04:09 AM