Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to turn off fuzzy selection mask?
(04-22-2022, 11:35 PM)AVLSTU Wrote:
(04-22-2022, 03:04 PM)nelo Wrote: Hi Stuart,
this is not fuzzy select.
It shows the contours chosen for the clone tool.
Change the brush here:

and you'll be done

Rich and Nelo, words cannot describe how good it feels to have this problem solved.  I can now get back to doing useful work in Gimp, rather than frustrating myself fumbling around for an hour trying to get rid of the old contours created when I used the Magic Wand on an entirely different photo.  Thanks to each of you so much for educating me.

As a new user, I do feel compelled to comment, with the hope that doing so leads to some change in Gimp that will help prevent other new users from the problem:
  1.  It seems highly unlikely to me that, in most cases,  a user who created Magic Wand contours for photo "A" would want to apply them to any  other subsequent photo.
  2.  It is also seems confusing to new users to think of these contours as being the paintbrush shape for using the clone tool, especially if these old contours get automatically applied to a new photo being edited.
  3.  It would make more sense to me if, by default, the clone tool is automatically reset to its default shape when Gimp is launched.  I don't think this would create a hardship for experienced users.  If I am wrong, perhaps this could be handled through a Gimp preferences option... the default being the automatic reset of the clone default shape, but the user having the option to set it to "retain current clone shape on exiting Gimp."

I hope the above does not sound snarky; I only mean to suggest a possible improvement if it makes sense to the powers that be.  If you disagree, please do not feel compelled to respond, as I have already taken enough of your valuable time.  Thanks again.

Cheers -
Stuart

This can be done, see https://www.gimp-forum.net/Thread-Managi...-positions

Messages In This Thread
How to turn off fuzzy selection mask? - by AVLSTU - 04-22-2022, 01:03 AM
RE: How to turn off fuzzy selection mask? - by Ofnuts - 04-23-2022, 11:32 AM