Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Grid Rearrangement
Sorry, I didn't mean it takes 15 minutes to copy/paste one image from Chart A to Chart B - I mean it takes 15 minutes to copy/paste all 54. Let me give some screenshots to help explain.

The picture of Chart A shows a 4x4 grid of images - I've replaced the images with numbers to help conceptualize things without giving the specific images themselves. The numbers are out of order in Chart A, because that's the order the images come in when I receive them.

The picture of Chart B shows another grid of images, also replaced by numbers. On Chart B, the numbers are in order, because that's the order I need to place the images from Chart A in. I need to take the images from Chart A and arrange them in the order displayed in Chart B. So, for example, I need to take the Number 1 image in Chart A (Row 2 Column 2) and place it in the Number 1 position in Chart B (Row 1 Column 1). I'd then need to do the same for the Number 2 image in Chart A (Row 4 Column 3) and place it in the Number 2 position in Chart B (Row 1 Column 2). I'd then need to do the same for the next 52 spaces for images in Chart B, using the corresponding images from Chart A.

In reality, Chart A is a 13x21 grid of images - I just shortened it to 4x4 to help visualize what I need to do more easily. Hunting down the images from Chart A, which are scattered all over the place, and then copying/pasting them into the correct order in Chart B feels really inefficient, especially because I keep needing to look over at my reference sheet to make sure I'm getting the order correct. And if it were only one pair of charts to do, I wouldn't even bother looking for a different solution, but I have dozens of pairs of these charts to do.

The reason I'm hoping there might be some kind of solution to this is that the corresponding images are always in the same place in the two charts. So every Number 1 image on every Chart A is in the same spot, every Number 2 image in every Chart A is in the same spot, and so on. So if there's a way in which I could make a template that I could use to copy predetermined selections from Chart A and paste them into the correct locations in Chart B, in a way that would be repeatable from one pair of charts to the next, that would save me an enormous amount of time.

I know this is probably a longshot, and I'm sorry if I still didn't explain it clearly enough, but I figured I'd ask to see if there is a quick way to handle that. Thanks again for looking it over.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Image(s)

Messages In This Thread
Grid Rearrangement - by bigtino24 - 04-23-2022, 01:38 AM
RE: Grid Rearrangement - by PixLab - 04-23-2022, 04:39 AM
RE: Grid Rearrangement - by bigtino24 - 04-23-2022, 06:58 AM
RE: Grid Rearrangement - by tmanni - 04-23-2022, 07:23 AM
RE: Grid Rearrangement - by bigtino24 - 04-23-2022, 07:22 PM
RE: Grid Rearrangement - by sallyanne - 04-23-2022, 07:48 AM
RE: Grid Rearrangement - by PixLab - 04-23-2022, 09:43 AM
RE: Grid Rearrangement - by rich2005 - 04-23-2022, 10:39 AM
RE: Grid Rearrangement - by Ofnuts - 04-23-2022, 11:25 AM