Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Filter to enhance the quality of image
(05-30-2022, 04:51 PM)rich2005 Wrote: The problem is I do not know what you are doing, do you use the same procedure as myself ? Too many "it does not work" and then I decide "not to respond". 
I follow the steps as advised previously;

Colors -> Auto White Balance
Colors -> Linear Invert
Filters -> G'MIC-Qt -> Color Temperature -3.5

Quote:That gmic setting does not work for you, not a problem, do not complain and use something else.

You could answer one question though, do you have have python working on your Gimp. Look in the Filters menu. Is there a Python-Fu entry ? (near the bottom of the menu, if it there).
No, Python-Fu entry. Script-Fu is here.

On Terminal run;
$ apt policy python
Code:
python:
  Installed: (none)
  Candidate: (none)
  Version table:
     2.7.15~rc1-1 -1
        100 /var/lib/dpkg/status

Neither Python is on Ubuntu 20.04 repo.  I don't know whether it can run on Ubuntu 20.04.  I can find it out later.  If Python-Fu plugin is necessary then I'll install it.

In case Python unable to run on Ubuntu 20.40, I also have Ubuntu 22.04 and Windows11 running here.  Ubuntu 20.04 is running on my daily working PC

Regards

(05-30-2022, 04:53 PM)Krikor Wrote:
(05-30-2022, 02:51 AM)Stephen Liu Wrote:
(05-29-2022, 05:01 PM)Krikor Wrote: Maybe you could try:
1- G'MIC - Repair - Unpurple (default values) - Due to the purple tone of your negatives
2- Colors - Linear Invert
3- Colors - Levels - Auto Input Levels
- snip -

In this case, I think you followed the steps in post #33, so as rich2205 commented, it won't make any difference to re-apply Auto Input Levels, as it's been used before.

Follow the steps on #33

1- G'MIC - Repair - Unpurple (default values)
2- Colors - Linear Invert
3- Colors - Levels - Auto Input Levels

Screenshot attached here.  Still it looks slightly different

Regard

(05-30-2022, 11:09 AM)rich2005 Wrote: One thing that seems to be true for all forums is no-one goes back and reads the old posts Wink  All the suggestions have already been suggested.

Steven Lui wants this:
Quote:My planning is;
1. No setting before and after scanning. Download the negative images on PC
2. Batch Post-editing - with 2/3 steps on GIMP (not too many adjusting).  If possible run command-line operation.

So it is a batch, preferably command line. I am no good with command line. Many of the suggestions are GEGL procedures, not easily scriptable.  Lets have some suggestions for a batch.
I'm not knowledgeable on GEGL

GIMP also has Batch Mode

GIMP Batch Mode
https://www.gimp.org/tutorials/Basic_Batch/

I'm interested to do batch editing running ImageMagick commands
Annotated List of Command-line Options
https://imagemagick.org/script/command-line-options.php

Regards

Attached Files Image(s)

Messages In This Thread
RE: Filter to enhance the quality of image - by Stephen Liu - 05-31-2022, 03:33 AM