Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Filter to enhance the quality of image
ah..Stephen

Quote:Sorry, I don't follow "Did you revert the VM ?"

You must know about making a VM snapshot: https://www.techrepublic.com/article/how...irtualbox/ Make a snapshot, try out some software, do not like it, revert the VM.

Quote:Sorry, left-clicking gimp-mathmap-22-04jammy.AppImage can't start GIMP

Tas_mania only comes here occasionally. He uses a Xfce DE (I think). Not all linux keybindings are the same, go back to using "run" or a double click seems to work.

Quote:Please advise which OS will be most suitable for running GIMP ?

Difficult, since it is a personal choice. Like you I try out many types in VM's **but** since 2004 I have used only 3 linux distributions Mepis / PClinuxOS / Kubuntu All of those KDE. So I am biased towards KDE.

All those you listed will run Gimp, one version or another. It then comes down to your ability to manage the versions.

Windows is probably the easiest for the non-technical. Gimp is the latest version, comes with an installer, most of the extra plugins easy to install and work.

When it comes to linux, latest is not always the most productive. I have two laptops:

1. Old laptop runs Kubuntu 18.04, Gimp 2.10.30 from PPA I find this most productive of the two.
2. New laptop runs Kubuntu 20.04, Gimp 2.10.30 from PPA, I had to install gimp-python myself, some old applications missing. Needed a bit of work to get it the way I want.
3. **NO** desire to update to 'buntu 22.04

up to you what you use.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Filter to enhance the quality of image - by rich2005 - 06-02-2022, 04:47 PM