Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Batch processing - detecting various colours to crop to edge of scanned document JPG?
(06-29-2022, 12:37 PM)mkilpatr Wrote: Thanks, but there will likely be several different sizes of manuscript paper so sadly this wouldn't work as some of them could be overcropped incorrectly. I can see that would certainly work for a uniform paper size on the scanner bed, however.

No automated way, but you can make things a lot faster with a script of mine. The most time-consuming part of the process isn't the crop, but saving the file and opening the next... Which is what my ofn-file-next script does. You can assign it to a key, then:

1. Open the first file normally (File > Open...)
  2. Crop it (Click, drag, Enter)
  3. Strike the key defined above to save the file and open the next in sequence, and you're ready for step 2) on the next file
  4. Rinse and repeat
I used to have to crop a good hundred receipts every 6 month, and this was very handy, you can crop a file in under 2 seconds.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Batch processing - detecting various colours to crop to edge of scanned document JPG? - by Ofnuts - 06-30-2022, 09:21 AM