Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to delete a file saved on levels
(07-15-2022, 10:39 AM)Ofnuts Wrote: These are two different things (and this applies to both 2.8 and 2.10).

All settings that you applied are automatically saved  as "Presets" as a single file (tool-options/gimp-levels-tool.settings in this case) in your Gimp profile. Their purpose is to let to quickly store your own settings for future use. While by default these settings are only identified by a time stamp, they can also be given a name for easy retrieval(*). Gimp will let you manage them (instead of editing a file) with the "Manage Saved Presets" dialog.

The Import Current Settings From File/Export Current Settings to File  things are (as name implies) mostly used to exchange settings with other Gimp installations, and not really meant to save/restore your own settings, which is better done with the other method. As such the files can be anywhere on your disk (where you saved them from your browser or your mail, or on a network share) and their management if out of Gimp's scope (but I agree that the default directory in the Gimp profile is a bad idea).

(*) and if you use my settings-cleaner thing, those with a name are never cleaned.
Thanks for your advice.

Whether you meant the files on ""Manage Saved Presets" screen.  
Pls refer to image uploaded

Deleting the entries there can't delete the file created by me previously and saved on /home/satimis/.config/GIMP/2.10/levels/

Besides how can I adjust "Input Levels" and "Output Levels"?  The small triangle icons below the slides disappear.

Thanks    

Regards

Messages In This Thread
RE: How to delete a file saved on levels - by Stephen Liu - 07-16-2022, 03:56 PM