Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Uncrop plug-in - resynthesizer
(07-20-2022, 05:09 PM)Ofnuts Wrote: If you look at the alpha channel of the uncropped image (for instance by adding  alayer mask), you see that that the added pixels are transparent (black rim around the mask):
But if you make these pixels opaque, they contain the uncropped image:
So instead of blindly deleting the alpha channel its rim could just be filled with white.

I would say don't run Uncrop, just delete the mask Big Grin
More seriously, I did a try with a mask (with the script I already have) even if the image is selected (not the mask) the script work on the mask, adding more black on the mask thus more transparency.

I did a read about the author's comment in the source, and what I understood is that the plugin was never meant to work to "uncrop", for sure I might be wrong.
The author called it uncrop, but it should have been called "Enlarge", OK this very arguable

In the source
Quote:6 Increase image/canvas size and synthesize outer band from edge of original.

31 The effect for users:
32 widens the field of view, maintaining perspective of original

142 N_("Enlarge image by synthesizing a border that matches the edge, maintaining perspective. Works best for small enlargement of natural edges. Undo a Crop instead, if possible! "),

The only reference for a crop is "Undo a Crop instead, if possible!", everything else is just about enlarging an image by adding resynthesized borders.
Did I misunderstand?

Messages In This Thread
Uncrop plug-in - resynthesizer - by david - 07-20-2022, 02:10 PM
RE: Uncrop plug-in - resynthesizer - by Ofnuts - 07-20-2022, 03:44 PM
RE: Uncrop plug-in - resynthesizer - by david - 07-20-2022, 03:58 PM
RE: Uncrop plug-in - resynthesizer - by Ofnuts - 07-20-2022, 05:09 PM
RE: Uncrop plug-in - resynthesizer - by PixLab - 07-21-2022, 01:25 AM
RE: Uncrop plug-in - resynthesizer - by Ofnuts - 07-21-2022, 07:21 AM
RE: Uncrop plug-in - resynthesizer - by david - 07-21-2022, 09:10 AM
RE: Uncrop plug-in - resynthesizer - by david - 07-22-2022, 05:48 PM