Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Merging 2 photo's 1 side at the center remains unclear
(09-26-2022, 06:52 PM)snowmansion Wrote: When trying to scan a centerfold I usually divide them in 2 separate scans which I then try to merge in GIMP.

However this issue I then face is that exactly on the middlepoint one part of the image is vague while the other one seems to have a better clear quality.

I have found that some scanners do not reproduce the entire field with full fidelity. Sometimes towards the edges things become slightly distorted.  So I usually overscan the images so that considerable overlap exists between adjacent panels...and then erase  a portion of the top layer, so that the area of the actual physical splice is not part of the edge of either scan.   For example, for an image 10" wide.... you might scan two 6" wide panels ....each started from opposing sides of the image.   And then erase a potion of the overlap as shown in the below sketch.   Sometimes I find that if the first splice doesn't work well, an undo and subsequent attempt  slightly to one side of the first  often works better

[Image: Slice3.webp]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Merging 2 photo's 1 side at the center remains unclear - by rickk - 09-27-2022, 02:09 AM