Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to fill entire image from gradient outline
(11-03-2022, 09:26 AM)Ofnuts Wrote:
(11-03-2022, 06:01 AM)PixLab Wrote: Perfect gradient, you cannot see a difference between the top (original) and the bottom layer (gradient filled)

*cough* Don't tell me you don't see the bands in your output, which I also get if I reproduce your method? Your method, while clever, will always produce bands because you get the very same value for all pixels in a horizontal strip, and you cannot absolutely assure that the value will always change in the direction from one line of pixels to the next. In fact it would work better if you use a tiny angle that would introduce some vertical blur.

A slightly better method it to use Gaussian blur, with a large X (1000) and a tiny Y (1). Gaussian blur is also a lot faster than motion blur.

Instead of only watching degraded JPG, why you did not try it?
BTW I did tried the gaussian blur, it's not better, yeah... before to post I try things! although a bit of gaussian blur AFTER the Motion blur is quite nice.

Anyway, I'm fed-up of you, you are ALWAYS behind me, searching for that tiny pixel to discredit each and every single method I could propose, here, as well as on reddit, GC
While you're here I would like you to do one more thing ➤ DELETE my account in here on gimp-forum (keep the post maybe they can help people which are thinking not your way)

Messages In This Thread
RE: How to fill entire image from gradient outline - by PixLab - 11-03-2022, 10:34 AM