Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Editing music scores help please.
Hi,

For the last two days I've gone round in circles using both Gimp & Irfanview in an attempt to modify violin music scores.

I'm 75 and just learning to play my violins in my small music studio; the sheet music scores are placed on a bench music stand but my eyesight isn't up to reading them whilst playing a violin hence I want to modify by deleting sections whilst enlarging the sections remaining to fit an A4 page when printed.

I can delete the unwanted sections as seen but then I get stuck wasting no end of time trying to enlarge the remaining sections to 8" x 1.75" and stacking them to fill the new spaces. I can enlarge each but don't know how to move them as wanted. I'm also having problems printing the 8 x 1.75 using my HP Laserjet P1102W mono printer. I want to print in Portrait then I can place three pages onto the stand meaning dividing each line but I could also print in landscape. I'd prefer to use Gimp.

My studio in June; I've now got four violins and a Balalaika plus lots of recording gear; all I need now is to sort out the music scores to suit me then I can concentrate on learning to read music and play my violins.

Any help will be most welcome.

Kind regards, Colin.

Messages In This Thread
Editing music scores help please. - by Retired - 11-20-2022, 06:34 PM
RE: Editing music scores help please. - by Krikor - 11-20-2022, 08:37 PM
RE: Editing music scores help please. - by Krikor - 11-21-2022, 03:35 PM