Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Text template changing. Not sure why!
From the screenshots that is strange. 
Often if the original comes from some other source and the font used is missing, a replacement font is used...but for Windows MS Serif seems to be there. That is a strange font as well, I pulled it out from my Win10 (VM) C:\Windows\Fonts and it is a serife.fon file which is postscript and no longer supported by Gimp 2.10. Got to assume some sort of replacement is used.

If you look at this screenshot(s) Win10 / Gimp 2.10.32 The text properties look identical MS Serif / size 35 px / fixed text box for both. Only looks like that because:
(1) has the font size reduced to 27 by selecting the on canvas text and using the on canvas text tool. That way can be prone to disaster.
(2) is text with a global size of 35. It look like your original text for some reason has lost that formatting.

My advice is,
Select all the text in the text box and click on that little left side icon arrow, That removes any formatting that might still exist.
Use the Text Toolbox to change the font size to suit, (maybe 27-ish)

I normally use linux and there is a ttf font MSReferenceSerif.ttf that replaces serife.fon and works with Gimp.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Text template changing. Not sure why! - by rich2005 - 02-06-2023, 10:40 AM