Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Programmatic XCF text layer editing
(02-11-2023, 05:43 PM)Ofnuts Wrote: gimpfu is only "visible"  when the script is run from Gimp (either as a plugin or as a batch). So you don't have to tweak paths to be able to import it. In fact, I do run scripts "raw" form the command line, and I know that when I get to the import gimpfu error there are no remaining big syntax errors like unmatched parentheses or quotes or code indentation problems and I can try my luck with Gimp.

Thanks so much for your reply bud. Do I then understand correctly that even using python2 (which I just installed) there's no way to run a python script straight from the terminal without having to open the entire Gimp interface to run the script inside of it?

(02-11-2023, 09:47 PM)Anthony Buff Wrote:
(02-11-2023, 05:43 PM)Ofnuts Wrote: gimpfu is only "visible"  when the script is run from Gimp (either as a plugin or as a batch). So you don't have to tweak paths to be able to import it. In fact, I do run scripts "raw" form the command line, and I know that when I get to the import gimpfu error there are no remaining big syntax errors like unmatched parentheses or quotes or code indentation problems and I can try my luck with Gimp.

Thanks so much for your reply bud. Do I then understand correctly that even using python2 (which I just installed) there's no way to run a python script straight from the terminal without having to open the entire Gimp interface to run the script inside of it?

I'm trying to wrap my head about your reply (and taking it with zoloft and any other anti-depresant) as I thought the entire script approach was a way to manipulate XCF files using gimp without touching its user interface, like all in the background type of thing

Messages In This Thread
RE: Programmatic XCF text layer editing - by Anthony Buff - 02-11-2023, 09:47 PM