Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BIMP Not installing
(02-22-2023, 02:37 PM)rich2005 Wrote:
(02-22-2023, 01:48 PM)Taggs Wrote: I've moved my GIMP 2.10.32 installation from my C drive to D drive due to space issues. 

The first question is How did you move Gimp ?  Gimp is fairly portable, you can just copy the whole GIMP 2 folder over and make a new shortcut to D:\GIMP 2\bin\gimp-2.10.exe and Gimp will start. It still uses your existing Gimp user profile in C:...AppData\Roaming

All the original uninstall reg entries remain there which might screw things up so always better to reinstall Gimp using the installer and custom options. That uninstalls the C: installation first before you specify the new location.

Quote:I've run the (BIMP) installer from here (I'm running Windows 10 64bit) but the option does not appear on the file menu.  I've checked my add-on folder location and it is pointing to the correct place.

The plugin is 32 bit for maximum compatibility and the installer puts the plugin in the Gimp system plug-ins folder. Maybe your move has it confused Wink

I can get it working in a Win10 / Gimp 2.10.32 without issue, however to save messing about, I have attached just the plugin bimp.exe Unzip and put bimp.exe in your Gimp user profile C:\Users\"yourname"\AppData\Roaming\GIMP\2.10\plug-ins

You might want to let Gimp make a new user profile first. Rename your existing as a backup, run Gimp to make a new one. Add the plugin.

Thank you for your response.

I moved my installation by uninstalling (Control Panel => Programs and Applications) and then running a fresh install.   Cool

I have checked the registry for reference to the original installation but found nothing.

Unfortunately I have already tried copying the exe to \username\appdata.... folder but with no luck.   Sad

Messages In This Thread
BIMP Not installing - by Taggs - 02-22-2023, 01:48 PM
RE: BIMP Not installing - by rich2005 - 02-22-2023, 02:37 PM
RE: BIMP Not installing - by Taggs - 02-22-2023, 03:35 PM
RE: BIMP Not installing - by rich2005 - 02-22-2023, 04:34 PM
RE: BIMP Not installing - by Taggs - 02-23-2023, 04:21 PM