Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Installing plug-ins on the Mac
I am completely new to Gimp so perhaps that is why I am having this issue, but all of my attempts to install plug-ins for Gimp on the Mac seem to fail. Either that or I don't know where to find them to use when restarting Gimp. I have now tried 3 processes, none of which seem to have worked.

1) I opened the Gimp Preferences pane and opened the Folders -> Plug-ins pane. There was a path specified for plug-ins under Users/Library/Application Support/GIMP and, since it did not exist, I created it and copied the plug-ins to that path. I then restarted Gimp but could not find any plug-ins listed in the Gimp dropdown that I checked (Filters, Tools, Image and Edit).

2) I then copied the plug-ins directly to the Gimp.app Contents path specified in the same Plug-ins pane, restarted Gimp and still could not find the plug-ins. I then restarted the Mac, but that did not help.

3) I then added a link in the pane to the existing Photoshop plug-ins folder on my disc, restarted Gimp but no luck. Still can not find any reference to the plug-ins in Gimp.

I am running Gimp 2.10.34, which was the latest version I found online when I downloaded it, and my Mac is running Monterey, 12.2.1. It is running on an Intel MacBook Pro, which I am using in clamshell mode, although I don't assume that makes any difference. The plug-ins I am using are from Topaz and Skylum and have worked well in my other photo editor (PhotoLine) and perhaps they are properly installed and working with Gimp but I just can't find them. Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you.

Messages In This Thread
Installing plug-ins on the Mac - by MikeFromAJ - 04-25-2023, 03:17 PM
RE: Installing plug-ins on the Mac - by Ofnuts - 04-25-2023, 04:29 PM