Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Displaying Layer Border for a Floating Selection
(11-09-2017, 07:45 PM)Blighty Wrote: OK, I see. When you move the floating selection it doesn't snap to the grid. Best to create a new layer, that does snap when moved. As per Rich2005's post.

As mentioned above, that would actually take more time than simply marking the corner by my grid, which gives me a point of reference to align it (snap it). Since if I make it a new layer it will be at the top, then I have to merge that new layer down, which I do have other layers, and I wouldn't want it merged to what was once the top layer. Since the layer I work from is the second from the bottom layer.

I'm definitely not doing 'typical graphical work' here, so I can understand how this might be confusing to conceptually understand. This is sprite based work for a grid based video game, rather than a rendered image.

I'm literally wondering if there is/was someway to make it work the way it did before, as in show me the boundaries of the new layer upon pasting it into a temporary layer for quick left click merging to my current active layer. I also realized I probably didn't explain it very well initially.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Disabling 'Shrink Wrapping' for Cut and Paste using Selection Tool - by JayB - 11-09-2017, 07:50 PM