Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Searching for instruction
  Hello gimpygirl, thanks for the input.
   The first youtube link you provided was in the gimp 2-10 course I took. That was the only one that covered restoration in the whole course. The others I'll check out further.
   Though I haven't seen any of them yet, I know I'll get something out of them. However, I guess I should been more specific about what I've been searching for. The Udemy online courses I've paid for were fine as far as they went. But, again, they were geared for creating and arranging digital art, in one form or another. In other words, when they discuss, say, layer modes. They teach how to use them to enhance the image you are trying to create by changing the lighting or adding a vignette, or any number of other things. 
   What I've been looking for is an entire course that explains all those things as they are used to restore and repair. Does that make sense?
    For example, in another thread I asked a question about the best way to remove something in an image. Someone answered back something about copying the layer and changing the mode to grain separation and changing it's transparency.  Now, I understood most of it, but they lost me toward the end. I knew the terms and tools, but not how to use them to repair my image. What I learned about those tools and usage was for design effect, not repair.
   If the above makes no sense I apologize/ ')
   Looks like I'm going to have to shell out $40 US for the book. Perhaps one of you sharp folks around here might take an interest in such a project and put a course together. I have no doubt that it would attract quite a few subscribers!

Messages In This Thread
Searching for instruction - by Danbor - 02-29-2024, 11:26 PM
RE: Searching for instruction - by gimpygirl - 03-01-2024, 12:41 AM
RE: Searching for instruction - by Danbor - 03-01-2024, 05:28 AM
RE: Searching for instruction - by sallyanne - 03-01-2024, 07:58 AM
RE: Searching for instruction - by Danbor - 03-01-2024, 12:13 PM
RE: Searching for instruction - by Ofnuts - 03-01-2024, 08:27 AM