Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Veikk A30 Tablet Issues After Update.
SO I updated to gimp 2.10.28, and when I try and use my tablet, I have to reconfigure it each time I load up Gimp..

After doing this several times, I've noticed that Gimp loads up a new set of Tablet Input Devices, and each time gimp adds a new device in a foreign language.
I'm saving after each attempt, and I've also selected to save on exit in preferences. This does not help/work at all..

Each time I load up gimp, Ive got to go in and re-set all my settings to 'Screen', delete the all the newly added devices that are added in chineese (or whatever). Im able to delete all the newly added devices, all but the original one.. The original devices (Eraser, Stylus, etc) are not deletable, and always default back to Disabled.

What I've tried thus far :
Re-Installed Gimp, 2.10.28.. I even Rolled back to the 2.8 version(s) and the same issue.. So I thought my Tablet went bonkers.. I un-installed the tablet Drivers, and pretty much anything to do w/ my tablet, then started over... New tablet drivers, etc.. I put the Tablet into another usb port, etc..
I even did a custom install of Gimp 2.10.28 and unchecked the Language package to see if it would hide the Chinese looking characters... NOPE..

I've tried everything I can think of and nothing seems to be working.. I worked in Gimp for a few hours last night and I DID have to reset the tablet input when it loaded up, as I had not had my tablet installed for a few weeks.. So I thought nothing of it, well.. except the chinese characters but, it worked and I moved on.. Now this morning when I went into Gimp to finish my work, I've ran into this..

Anyone have any help/tips/pointers ??

Setup : Win 10
Tablet : Veikk A30
Drivers all up to date on all devices

Thank you..

Messages In This Thread
Veikk A30 Tablet Issues After Update. - by zuki - 11-05-2021, 08:59 PM