Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2.10 on Mac
If anyone has installed 2.10 on a MacBook Pro, I'd appreciate any feedback/advice. Looking to upgrade but not sure of stability on Mac
(06-06-2018, 12:00 AM)mkornow Wrote: If anyone has installed 2.10 on a MacBook Pro, I'd appreciate any feedback/advice. Looking to upgrade but not sure of stability on Mac

Just so you have some response at all…
There's not too many Mac users around, it seems.

I’m not sure what difference it makes, but I have Gimp 2.10 installed here and am using Sierra (not High Sierra) on my iMac and it seems to be quite stable, although I am not a power user by any means.

I use the Partha.com version and had only one hic-up after installing with the g’mic filter.
It was not working for me, but Mr. Partha helped me out by telling me that I should not have any gmic plugins in my plugins folder because gmic is pre-compiled inside of Gimp 2.10 and now g’mic works just fine. 

Gimp is great.
(06-09-2018, 02:09 PM)Gabby Wrote:
(06-06-2018, 12:00 AM)mkornow Wrote: If anyone has installed 2.10 on a MacBook Pro, I'd appreciate any feedback/advice. Looking to upgrade but not sure of stability on Mac

Just so you have some response at all…
There's not too many Mac users around, it seems.

I’m not sure what difference it makes, but I have Gimp 2.10 installed here and am using Sierra (not High Sierra) on my iMac and it seems to be quite stable, although I am not a power user by any means.

I use the Partha.com version and had only one hic-up after installing with the g’mic filter.
It was not working for me, but Mr. Partha helped me out by telling me that I should not have any gmic plugins in my plugins folder because gmic is pre-compiled inside of Gimp 2.10 and now g’mic works just fine. 

Gimp is great.

Hi Gabby,

Thank you for the reply. I'm relieved to know that someone has successfully installed 2.10 on Mac. You are a much more advanced user than I am since I don't even know what gmic plugins are!  Confused Appreciate your reply.