Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2D picture with relief: how to select deep ends?
(06-30-2022, 04:21 PM)Xogroroth Wrote:
(06-30-2022, 09:24 AM)Ofnuts Wrote: neon-path has been supersesed by ofn-gradient-along-path Smile
Qeae? (Latin for "what?"
Please elaborate?

neon-path is no more, the same function (and a bit more) is now in the ofn-gradient-along-path script. The main differences between the two:
  • OGAP won't do the "glow" (but this is very easy to do by stroking the path and blurring the result)
  • OGAP strokes the path in "Line" mode (only doable since Gimp 2.10), which is a lot more accurate, clean and fast than stroking the path with a brush. This will also keep sharp corners if necessary.
Thank you.

I installed the Python file in my Gimp Plug-in directory, which I pointed to in settings, as per the explanation on that site.
Oddly, I can't get it to work somehow.

Then again, Windows refuses to preview and show .AVIF files or (and I have the codec, as I have the program) .SVG files, for one, which it should by definition and installment of .
Strong feeling that my many a year ol' Windows needs a reinstalment, as my registry and such is a tad too cluttered up, despite my regular manual cleaning of it.
Much is left behind, encrypted, impossible to make out what it is from, and searches in Google render no result, or far too many, so I cannot figure out what what is.
Issue though is, that, I have SO much to back up ... and I lack the energy (read: the will, lmao) for that, as it is SO time consuming, even on a higher end machine.

Ugh, I really should, though.
This very issue is quite possibly related to that ... .   Sad
The easy bit first. Get the latest Windows Gimp 2.10.32 installer.

Updated on 2022-06-20: GIMP 2.10.32 installer revision 1
Fixes issue #8280: AVIF import

https://www.gimp.org/downloads/

Then Ofnuts ofn-gradient-along-path.py plugin. Just goes in your Windows User profile, the plug-ins folder

C:\Users\"yourname"\AppData\Roaming\GIMP\2.10\plug-ins

Many of Ofnuts plugins are a right-click on a path in the paths dialogue. Look down at the bottom of the context menu for the decorate entry.

Goes like this (had to detach the paths dialogue due to the length) https://i.imgur.com/94xQQ7J.mp4 Play around with the settings and the gradient.
Thank you for responding.

So ...:
I was 2 versions behind, the path is correct.
I figured that the 2 versions older Gimp still had to do it?

I am used to not update working programs.
Had issues in the past where updates botched up, both in drivers as in programs.
Hence ... .   Smile

Never fix what ain't broken.