Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AddonCollection Manager Problems
I had Ofnuts Add on file for a couple years without problems.  My computer got messed up and I could not get the collections manager.  I even downloaded the Gimp 2.8.22 version.  That made no difference.  The program only puts Scripts  in the manager.  No matter what I do I can't make it work.  New scripts of the add on does not have the .ini
file that should go with the Manager  Suggestions   Please!!!!
I didn't activate so far Ofnuts' Add-ons Collection Manager.
Because of your post, I decided to do it now:

- copied the two files (the .py and the .ini) into Preferences/Plug-ins
- copied the various xxx_storage folders into Preferences
- started Samj's 2.10.4 and verified the entries of xxx_sets under Help: they were there
- tried to activate one folder of my many gradients folders: it did it

Do you like to have my copies of Ofnuts' procedure?
First thing, you do not absolutely need the ini file. addonCollectionManager-3.0.py can work on its own.

Goes in C:\Users\your-name\AppData\Roaming\GIMP\2.10\plug-ins

If any problems it is worth deleting the file
C:\Users\your-name\AppData\Roaming\GIMP\2.10\pluginrc Start Gimp to rescan and create a new one.

A quick check in a regular Windows (Win10) Gimp 2.10.4

The folders in the Gimp 2.10 profile C:\Users\your-name\AppData\Roaming\GIMP\2.10\

[Image: Oc6viLE.jpg]

Do you have the required resources zipped inside those folders?

Right click in the appropriate dialogue to bring up the menu

[Image: FgZujvB.jpg]

One thing to note. The menu can sometimes pop-under the Gimp window. The same if you do not close the list.

Scripts - a little different. Use the Help menu - all these zipped.

[Image: gHyhi9q.jpg]

Usual problem with Windows and fonts, With an active font, Windows will not release it, Untick the extra font to remove. If it does not go, try again next time you start Gimp.
My info were related to a "portable" samj's package, like Pat has (as well as myself). And they work on my env.
(07-15-2018, 12:14 PM)dinasset Wrote: My info were related to a "portable" samj's package, like Pat has (as well as myself). And they work on my env.

Crystal ball is in for repair. Having to use Tarot cards at the moment. Wink
Dinasset, Yes, I would really like to have your copies of the add on manager and .ini file.  I have tried so many things but nothing has worked.  I am trying to re install the add on manager into my 2.8.22 Gimp.  When something messed up my computer, it also messed up the add on manager.  Could not get it to work so i deleted it from the plug ins folder and started over from the beginning.  In the help section of the main Image menu only Scripts are listed and works well.  None of the others are listed no matter what I do.  I am going back over your instructions and Rich's to see if there is something I missed.

I will not try adding it to 2.10 as I need to find out what is wrong with the 2.8 first.  Very, Very frustrating.

I do not have any zipped folders or files in the Storage folders. Is that permissible?
[attachment=1929 Wrote:Pat625 pid='9356' dateline='1531678616']Dinasset, Yes, I would really like to have your copies of the add on manager and .ini file.  I have tried so many things but nothing has worked.  I am trying to re install the add on manager into my 2.8.22 Gimp.  When something messed up my computer, it also messed up the add on manager.  Could not get it to work so i deleted it from the plug ins folder and started over from the beginning.  In the help section of the main Image menu only Scripts are listed and works well.  None of the others are listed no matter what I do.  I am going back over your instructions and Rich's to see if there is something I missed.

I will not try adding it to 2.10 as I need to find out what is wrong with the 2.8 first.  Very, Very frustrating. Angry
These are my copies.
Hope you can use them (but all the steps I've shown on my first post are related to samj's 2.10.4 package !)

Attached Files
.7z   ACM-for-Pat.7z (Size: 5.45 KB / Downloads: 218)
Quote:I need to find out what is wrong with the 2.8 first

I recommend starting off without an .ini file You could also try deleting the pluginrc file.

This going back a couple of years, but it is Windows 7 and Gimp 2.8.

A slow, somewhat boring demo of installing/using the plugin. 14 minutes https://youtu.be/v0g0qv4YMks might help
Can you retrieve the pluginrc file in your profile, zip it and attach it here (or PM me a URL from which I can retrieve it)?
Thanks to all of you, Dinasset, Rich, Ofnuts for  your help.  I am attaching a zip file that has the last two pluginrc files and the last ad on manager text document it made.  I hope you see something as I cannot think of anything to try.
Thank you Dinasset for your file copies.  I wished it had worked.
Thanks again.

.zip   addonCollectionManager.zip (Size: 182.04 KB / Downloads: 279)