Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Arrow Script
IT WORKED!!!  Thanks a LOT!!

Sorry to bother you but screen shot again, to show you it actually worked  Smile
I will use it around and if I find something I will report / post it here.

here's my environment info, just in case.
GIMP: 2.99.7 nightly (commit b824abc)

Thanks a lot again, for this very very useful script, it covers missing features of GIMP, and
looking forwad to see Python version too in the future.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(07-26-2021, 10:01 PM)Histone Wrote: IT WORKED!!!  Thanks a LOT!!

Sorry to bother you but screen shot again, to show you it actually worked  Smile
I will use it around and if I find something I will report / post it here.

here's my environment info, just in case.
GIMP: 2.99.7 nightly (commit b824abc)

Thanks a lot again, for this very very useful script, it covers missing features of GIMP, and
looking forwad to see Python version too in the future.

I've updated the script so that it should work with both V2.10.x and V2.99.7 (and later). I've tested that it works regardless of the options that are selected in V2.10.24, could you give it a similar try in V2.99.7 please?

I'm not sure that the Python interface is fully stable yet (I've had to rework the one script that I have updated for V2.99 as the interface was changed between two V2.99 subversions). Once things are stable I'll produce the Python version.
Thanks a lot for updating the script!
Everything works just fine, exept one thing I noticed that the width of angle degree slide bar  is a bit narrow.

(07-28-2021, 03:27 AM)Histone Wrote: Thanks a lot for updating the script!
Everything works just fine, exept one thing I noticed that the width of angle degree slide bar  is a bit narrow.
There is something odd there in V2.99 - the text for the control is repeated on the screen but not in the script if the final parameter of the SF-ADJUSTMENT control is set to 0 - and it has to be set to 0 if the slider is to appear. Because the text for the control is repeated there is little room for the slider.

If this hasn't been reported as a bug with V2.99 then it needs to be.
I can't find this listed as a GIMP issue so I have created a new one:

https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/gimp/-/issues/7095

I'm not sure why that particular argument has a slider as well as a spin box (it wasn't my script initially, I just took over maintaining it) - perhaps the slider for this argument should be removed to bring it into line with the other arguments - any views?
I have changed the angle setting parameter so that it no longer has the slider and is therefore in the same format as the other SF-ADJUSTMENT type parameters. The updated file is at;

http://programmer97.byethost10.com/Files/arrow.zip
That really is excellent. The slider is no miss. Still using kubuntu 18.04 / Gimp 2.10.22
Thanks a lot for the update.

I've upgraded to 2.99.7 nightly to the latest today, and slide bar shows up and running nicely.
(08-08-2021, 08:56 PM)Histone Wrote: Thanks a lot for the update.

I've upgraded to 2.99.7 nightly to the latest today, and slide bar shows up and running nicely.

Yes, it looked like a simple edit to get rid of the repeated text so I bit the bullet and worked out how to build GIMP from scratch under Linux (despite the seeming errors and omissions in the hacking GIMP Wiki). I now have step-by-step idiots guide for the next time I do this! I submitted a merge request with the correction and this was merged into the master last week.
Today use, for experiments only,  Gimp 2.99.12 flatpak in Linux and latest version of Arrow script not works completely, but no errors into the errors console...
Other scripts updated for Gimp 2.99.8, and working Gimp 2.99.10,  in Gimp 2.99.12 not works, but no errors in console.
I think today update to Gimp 2.99.12 si not a good idea.

Thanks Vit.

(Sorry for my bad english)