Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Auto-Size Tool Options Windows?
Every time I open a tool option window, it's small and only shows a few of the options.

I then have to manually resize the window to see all of the options.
Is there a setting that'll automatically open tool options windows in full size?

I do not think you will get an auto-resize. Make the Dock as large as required for say the brush tool, then.

Set up the individual Gimp docks the way you want Gimp to look when it starts up.

Edit -> Preferences -> Window Management  Untick Save window positions on exit (1) Click on Save Window Positions Now (2) Click on OK (3) and Restart Gimp.

If you screw things up, same menu Reset Saved Window Positions to Default Values 

(12-28-2018, 09:09 AM)abcjme Wrote: Every time I open a tool option window, it's small and only shows a few of the options.

I suspect your Tool Options is a floating window and not docked.
Make sure Windows > Single-Window Mode is checked.

If the problem is still not solved post a screen shot of your entire screen.
(12-28-2018, 01:40 PM)Blighty Wrote:
(12-28-2018, 09:09 AM)abcjme Wrote: Every time I open a tool option window, it's small and only shows a few of the options.

I suspect your Tool Options is a floating window and not docked.
Make sure Windows > Single-Window Mode is checked.

If the problem is still not solved post a screen shot of your entire screen.

I never knew about docked mode. I find it so much better to work with. Thanks! The GIMP manual is over 600 pages, but I now plan to read through it.
(12-29-2018, 08:33 AM)abcjme Wrote: I never knew about docked mode. I find it so much better to work with. Thanks! The GIMP manual is over 600 pages, but I now plan to read through it.

The screenshots you posted are Gimp 2.10 which by default starts in single window mode. You must have changed that sometime or dragged that dock out.

How to move docks around: https://youtu.be/01PeLL1F8Kg

Gimp 2.10 manual (English or Italian) in PDF format http://gimp.linux.it/www/meta/ 35 MB, nearly 1000 pages.
rich,
Thanks so much for posting the 2.10 help manual....I've been limping along with the 2.8 version & it made for some interesting results... Big Grin ....

I snagged my 2.10 copy...

FlutteringBy