Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Automate “Stuck” Pixel Removal with Heal Tool Brush
Question 
I am very new to using GIMP and have a quick question:

I own an old digital camera I really like.  Unfortunately, it produces photographs with several “stuck” pixels.  These bright spots are consistently in the same locations and quite apparent.  I can use the “heal” tool brush to fix these stuck pixels, but I would like to automate that process.  

Q:  Is there a way to record a set of actions when using the “heal” tool brush?  If so, how?  Any advice would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks!

GIMP 2.8.6

Late 2006 20” iMac
2.16GHz Core 2 Duo, 4GB RAM
OS X 10.6.8 Snow Leopard
(07-11-2022, 03:16 AM)daveyeatyourfries Wrote: I am very new to using GIMP and have a quick question:

I own an old digital camera I really like.  Unfortunately, it produces photographs with several “stuck” pixels.  These bright spots are consistently in the same locations and quite apparent.  I can use the “heal” tool brush to fix these stuck pixels, but I would like to automate that process.  

Q:  Is there a way to record a set of actions when using the “heal” tool brush?  If so, how?  Any advice would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks!

GIMP 2.8.6

Late 2006 20” iMac
2.16GHz Core 2 Duo, 4GB RAM
OS X 10.6.8 Snow Leopard

There is no such recording in Gimp.

There are possibly other ways. For instance instead of using the heal tool you can do a local blur, or use the resynthesizer plugin to replace the hot pixel (which is likely a bit wider than a single pixel). These would apply to the selection. And you can store the selection as an image (which would be your "hot pixel map"), so you can reapply the process on other images.