Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Batch Color Saturation
(08-11-2021, 04:09 PM)rich2005 Wrote:
Quote:... Now, when I put the file in C:\Users\"yourname"\AppData\Roaming\GIMP\2.10\plug-ins it doesn't show up in the Tool menu or the Batch Image Manipulation menu.  Is there another step to make it show up?  Do I need to reboot (Windows 10)?

No other steps, except re-starting Gimp. Works as shown in the video.

Edit: Checked again in Windows and can not find problem.
You did unzip it ?  When editing careful not to introduce any spaces scale=0.5 is correct  scale  = 0.5 is not

I did not edit your file, just put it in C:\Users\kidderj\AppData\Roaming\GIMP\2.10\plug-ins

I don't get why I don't see it in the menu?

Quote:... Now, when I put the file in C:\Users\"yourname"\AppData\Roaming\GIMP\2.10\plug-ins it doesn't show up in the Tool menu or the Batch Image Manipulation menu.  Is there another step to make it show up?  Do I need to reboot (Windows 10)?

You did unzip it ?  When editing careful not to introduce any spaces scale=0.5 is correct  scale  = 0.5 is not

I did unzip it and opened it in Notepad ++ but still no menu item.

I was able to get it to work by uninstalling and reinstalling the same version of GIMP 2.10.24, no changes to the .py file.  Thanks for all your help!
(08-11-2021, 03:54 PM)firefly Wrote: from what I have read it is better to use saturation, i think it is different.

Tried again today with a more "serious" gradient-chart and white writing on black BG
A neutral for you, if you want to try

Color>Saturation quickly bleed out on the white writing especially in the cyan and green (scale up to 2), but all colors will bleed on the white when pushed hardly (scale ➤ 2)

Color> Hue Saturation seems to be a proper one as at equivalent saturation (full throttle in the Hue-Saturation window) cyan and green are not bleeding out

When I said a proper one -> it seems to be... but rich2005 got the point when he says "I guess it is all in the eye of the beholder" Wink
(08-11-2021, 08:40 AM)rich2005 Wrote: @ firefly

New day, modified plugin with 1.2 as the GEGL Saturation value. There is no 1200, the scale goes from 0.0  to 10.0

Included in the zip is a simple text editor if (when) you need to modify the scale value. It is not difficult.

This a video demo, from unpacking the zip through to applying BIMP.  https://youtu.be/JNlbuYJlHEQ

Quote:Or if there is an easier way, like doing a batch command that would utilize the saturation level of an existing file.
I do not think so, there is a way with the g'mic plugin of comparing a before / after pair, extracting a color-look-up-table (CLUT) and applying that to other images. Not sure you can apply that particular gmic filter with BIMP.
Another way is, adjust an image with the color-curve tool and save the curve settings as a file. BIMP will apply that color-curve using the file.

@PixLab
nice screenshots, pays to read the first post as the OP specifically does not want to use hue-saturation.

Hey, just wanted to say thanks for writing this plugin up!

(08-12-2021, 03:04 AM)PixLab Wrote:
(08-11-2021, 03:54 PM)firefly Wrote: from what I have read it is better to use saturation, i think it is different.

Tried again today with  a more "serious" gradient-chart and white writing on black BG
A neutral for you, if you want to try

Color>Saturation quickly bleed out on the white writing especially in the cyan and green (scale up to 2), but all colors will bleed on the white when pushed hardly (scale ➤ 2)

Color> Hue Saturation seems to be a proper one as at equivalent saturation (full throttle in the Hue-Saturation window) cyan and green are not bleeding out

When I said a proper one ->  it seems to be... but rich2005 got the point when he says "I guess it is all in the eye of the beholder" Wink

The GIMP manual has a link to this page explaining why there is a difference: https://ninedegreesbelow.com/photography...hroma.html