Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Batch Image Manipulation problem involving Color/Curves preset
I went to Colors->Curves

I created a color curves preset....and exported that preset to a file. 

Now if I open an image, and apply that color->curves with the preset, and export the PNG file out. The image is properly saved with the color curves correction applied.

If I go to
File-> Batch Image Manipulation
Add the Manipulation set,
Color Correction
Check off : "Change Color Corrections From Settings File"
and pick my Color curves preset I saved....

After the batch process, the images I batch processed, the ones exported and saved out to a separate directory, are all whited out images.....

Huh

I attached the curves preset....as a zip file....

Attached Files
.zip   SkullCurve2.zip (Size: 1.98 KB / Downloads: 357)
You should give details of Operating system and version of BIMP, however making a reasonable guess.

Windows and the new BIMP version 2

There seems to be a bug in version 2 so go back to the previous BIMP 1.18

You can try the Windows un-installer but it does not work here, so go to

C:\Program Files\GIMP 2\lib\gimp\2.0\plug-ins and delete bimp.exe It should be easy to spot, the only one that is not in a folder example: https://i.imgur.com/zc0ZieF.jpg

Use the attached 64 bit version of BIMP 1.18 in your Gimp profile.
Unzip the file and put bimp.exe in:
C:\Users\your-name\AppData\Roaming\GIMP\2.10\plug-ins

Tried and working in Win10 / Gimp 2.10.8 (release2)

Attached Files
.zip   bimp.exe.zip (Size: 88.59 KB / Downloads: 308)
OK it works now, thanks!
I have the same problem, but my OS is Ubuntu 18.04, any ideas??

Every other modification is applied correctly except when I try to apply a color curves preset. I post the beginning of the curves file at .the end of this message, just in case

Software versions: Gimp 2.10 ; Bimp 2.0

Any help appreciated!

################################################
# GIMP 'Curves' settings

(time 0)
(linear no)
(channel value)
(curve
    (curve-type smooth)
    (points 6 0.000000 0.000000 0.152700 0.339844 1.000000 1.000000)
    (point-types 3 smooth smooth smooth)
    (n-samples 256)
    (samples 256 0.000000 0.011129 0.022249 0.033350 0.044422 ... )
(...)
The  extract of the curve file looks ok to me, just make sure that the complete file is not scrambled in some way Wink

The latest code (6 months old ) for BIMP 2 has the curves action fixed. 

However, I will include, in the attached zip, both versions, just in case. The usual, unzip put either bimp2 or bimp18 in ~./config/GIMP/2.10/plug-ins. Should already be executable but check anyway. 

Both versions work here (k)buntu 18.04 / Gimp 2.10.12 

If you used a PPA or some package for your existing BIMP remember to uninstall it or at least look in /usr/lib/gimp/2.0/plug-ins/ and remove bimp

The bimp18 version has a dependency libpcre3, maybe installed with your existing bimp. However, if using that version, check with

Code:
sudo apt install libpcre3

Edit: There is an earlier post: https://www.gimp-forum.net/Thread-Ubuntu...7#pid12277
which also includes the files. Since I just re-compiled bimp2 to make sure it works I changed the attachment there, to same as here.

Attached Files
.zip   bimp.zip (Size: 197.96 KB / Downloads: 178)
Thanks a lot! It works like a charm with the bimp2.0 compiled version.

I used the ppa repo  otto-kesselgulasch/gimp shared everywhere, maybe it was outdated...

Just one more thing: the bimp dialog box is too small in my HD screen and I cannot resize it. As a result it is really difficult to read all the options and strings... Is there a way to do it? Or should I open another thread?
Quote:..Just one more thing: the bimp dialog box is too small in my HD screen and I cannot resize it. As a result it is really difficult to read all the options and strings... Is there a way to do it? Or should I open another thread?..

Sorry but no good asking here. You need to ask the plugin author if it is possible.

See: https://github.com/alessandrofrancesconi...imp/issues

It would be a good idea if it was re-sizable. I will have a look at the code, it might be something simple.
Beyond my capabilities: I can make the windows re-sizable but the contents remain the same: https://i.imgur.com/vshku5E.jpg Back to ask Francesconi