Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best drawing tablet under $100?
I need some advice a what drawing tablets are best compatible with the Gimp. Specific to Windows or Linux is fine. I am not looking for anything too fancy. $50 - $100 range.

BTW - 2.10.0-RC1 has got to be the most significant since 2.4 - Still want CMYK  Tongue
Look at some of the smaller Wacom tablets, especially old stock offerings. Some of the most recent use bluetooth connections, one more thing to go wrong. I think USB is better.

This is on amazon from your part of the world: https://tinyurl.com/y72ooexs

Very tempting to go for a lower priced tablet, Ugee / Huion with great specifications. Always lots of reports of problems, usually stylus pressure not working. Pays your money, takes your chance Wink
--------
CMYK in Gimp 2.10 - still a long way off, in Gimp 3.something It needs someone to create a working plugin along the lines of separate+
(04-17-2018, 07:39 AM)rich2005 Wrote: Look at some of the smaller Wacom tablets, especially old stock offerings. Some of the most recent use bluetooth connections, one more thing to go wrong. I think USB is better.

This is on amazon from your part of the world: https://tinyurl.com/y72ooexs

Very tempting to go for a lower priced tablet, Ugee / Huion with great specifications. Always lots of reports of problems, usually stylus pressure not working. Pays your money, takes your chance Wink
--------
CMYK in Gimp 2.10 - still a long way off, in Gimp 3.something It needs someone to create a working plugin along the lines of separate+
"Always lots of reports of problems"

Precisely. When I started researching, problem reports dominated so much I decided to ask first. I did get one of the cheaper Monoprice tablet some time ago for something highly specific, but after not getting it to work myself, I could only finds hacks that make sorta kinda but not really work. So thank you for the advice.

I stopped holding my breath for CMYK support a decade ago. Gimp by it's nature is really complicated to work on. I appreciate what the developers deliver. I'll have donate to their funding.