Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Blend mode colour in Gimp
Hey Rich

Thanks for keeping up with this.

Apologies for coming across harshly or whiney, bold was more to define what areas were of interest but I should have put that in first.

I do agree to disagree over the random sample comment. The set up he makes does far more than just chose between foreground and background, like a 1-100 random generator it is capable of doing any of those numbers between, not just 1 (Background) or 100 (Foreground) and does so each time he moves the brush. Maybe someone will make a script that does similiar.

Your example actually might answer another question I have been testing out regarding a finishing layer effect which I greatly appreciate as much as I do the link provided, lots of food for thought.

Some of the results I've had playing with layer order and effects over the last few days have resulted in a possible way to make nice looking mountains so that is certainly a plus!

Cheers
Nick
Quote:...The set up he makes does far more than just chose between foreground and background, like a 1-100 random generator it is capable of doing any of those numbers between, not just 1 (Background) or 100 (Foreground) ..

Yes, I do agree about that, dynamic 'colour-random' is an on-off setting and does depend somewhat on the brush used. I did (hopefully) look at the mypaint brushes but no luck there.

best of luck
Cheers Rich!
(11-05-2020, 11:01 AM)rich2005 Wrote: Random is not very random, just goes between FG and BG colour.

Random color is extracted from the current gradient.

Also, don't limit your self to PaintBrush, the AirBrush or MyPain brush could be better suited to your goals.
(11-06-2020, 06:02 PM)Ofnuts Wrote:
(11-05-2020, 11:01 AM)rich2005 Wrote: Random is not very random, just goes between FG and BG colour.

Random color is extracted from the current gradient.

Also, don't limit your self to PaintBrush, the AirBrush or MyPain brush could be better suited to your goals.

Considering the sort of colours for a forest overlay, Dynamic: Random Color is not particularly random

It would be ok for me, but I have no way of comparing with the PS 'jitter' option. If you quote the rest ( some chance), I did try the mypain (sic) brushes. Air-brush, maybe, maybe not. I could dig out a grunge or splatters brush, but really that is up to the OP.