Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cage Transform
Is there any likelyhood that Cage Transform will be fixed?

I use it on rare occasions - principally for making subtle changes to facial expressions in portraits. I think I have tried all the alternatives, but for this "peculiar" use, none gives the same precise control. (Albeit, that a small amount of clean-up is usually necessary after the event.)

david.
(04-22-2017, 10:14 PM)david Wrote: Is there any likelyhood that Cage Transform will be fixed?

I use it on rare occasions - principally for making subtle changes to facial expressions in portraits. I think I have tried all the alternatives, but for this "peculiar" use, none gives the same precise control. (Albeit, that a small amount of clean-up is usually necessary after the event.)

david.

I do not think there is much happening regarding Cage Transform at all. For a time in the past it did not work with some linux, Mint, PCLOS I recall.

You might have to wait for Gimp 2.10 and a new tool (to Gimp) n-point deformation At present very slow in use.
Need to make a eye a little wider example http://i.imgur.com/D1Tvq52.jpg Cage transform does leave some cloning to tidy up edges.
@rich2005,

Apologies for the delay in replying. I await GIMP 2.10 with its new n-point deformation! However, in the meantime I am using I-warp - it just needs a bit of experimentation selecting the appropriate radius on each occasion.

Thanks for the info.

david.