Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can't edit anymore
I don't know what happened but I can't edit my posts anymore.

If the change is permanent, would someone edit and prepend the OP title with "[solved ".

Thank you
Bump.

I too was able to edit my posts but can't do it consistently.

Is the "edit" option only available to the creator of the thread??cuz I only recall being able to edit posts on a thread i created.

I would like to add some more to the last post of this thread.But can't find "edit" option.

https://www.gimp-forum.net/Thread-Opening-file-photo
(03-10-2019, 11:18 AM)techie1484 Wrote: Is the "edit" option only available to the creator of the thread??cuz I only recall being able to edit posts on a thread i created.

You can edit your posts. The thread does not have to be created by you.

Quote:I would like to add some more to the last post of this thread.But can't find "edit" option.

When logged-in does that mean you do not see the edit option (1) Not logged-in shows as  (2)

There might be a time-out for editing, can't remember, but anyway I would not worry about it. You still have time to post directly under your last post. Just do not quote everything as a matter of neatness Wink
Case 1)

I don't find the "edit" button/option as shown in your screenshot even after being logged-in.

Case 2)

Yes, I only find the reply button when not logged-in as shown in your screenshot.

Usually, Some forums find it as bad forum etiquette to post subsequently as different posts than editing one post which was made last by the same user.So i was wondering why i was able to use "edit" option before but not now.

I will update that thread with another subsequent post.

EDIT: I find the edit options on this thread and the last post i jus made in the thread which i mentioned in my former post.
IIRC you can only edit your post for 5 days (can't find the setting in the current configuration...). You can't delete your posts after that time either. This is related to that part of our ToS:

Quote:You keep the copyright of everything you post on this forum (text in posts, and attachments such as images or code), but you give the forum owners the irrevocable rights to publish it here on this same forum. Admins and owners can reject requests to remove your contributions, and we can restore them if necessary.
... which doesn't mean that we won't remove posts if requested, but this will be our decision Smile

Edit: found the setting: 1440 minutes (24hours)
(03-10-2019, 06:02 PM)Ofnuts Wrote: Edit: found the setting: 1440 minutes (24hours)

Oh.There's a timed limit/time out setting, for editing posts.

Which is 24 hours.

Got it.
(03-10-2019, 06:02 PM)Ofnuts Wrote: Edit: found the setting: 1440 minutes (24hours)
It is not sufficient to fix any issues.
Replace "hours" with "months", "years" or "decades".
(10-23-2021, 02:14 PM)Gimphried Wrote:
It is not sufficient to fix any issues.
Replace "hours" with "months", "years" or "decades".

More that sufficient to fix issues. It's actually there to prevent people from removing their posts after they got an answer, or if they leave the forum(*).

If you want to edit/fix/improve an old post, post a fixed version in the same thread, and PM me.

(*) In which case we will associate their posts and other contents with an anonymous userid instead.
What happened? Yesterday I wanted to edit a little my post after 3 hours but there was no Edit button. Instead of the buttons in Rich's post #3 I have now the following buttons:

Edit: But this post I can edit. Has the time limit changed?
(11-17-2021, 06:38 AM)Ottia Tuota Wrote:
Edit: But this post I can edit. Has the time limit changed?

But now, 4 hours later, there is the Delete button but no Edit button.