Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cannot move perspective tool dialogue

I have GIMP (GNU Image Manipulation Programme - as it is called now) 2.9.5, with Ubuntu 16.04.

I wanted to adjust an image with the perspective tool, but the tool dialogue (or whatever it is called), comes in the way and I cannot move it away, which I could do with earlier versions. The covered corner cannot be manipulated.

I have attached the part of the screenshot showing part of image being covered. 

Any way out please?
(05-03-2017, 02:54 PM)Yash Pal Wrote: I have GIMP (GNU Image Manipulation Programme - as it is called now) 2.9.5, with Ubuntu 16.04.

I wanted to adjust an image with the perspective tool, but the tool dialogue (or whatever it is called), comes in the way and I cannot move it away, which I could do with earlier versions. The covered corner cannot be manipulated.

I have attached the part of the screenshot showing part of image being covered. 

Any way out please?

There is always a way Wink

In Gimp 2.9.5 the dialog can be detached, making it floating in the same way as Gimp 2.8

Worth experimenting, there is the Unified Transform Tool which combines perspective, shear. The dialog detaches same as Perspective.

Thanks Rich 2005. I had tried to detach the dialogue by clicking on the red and blue points and moving the dialogue, as shown by you but could not.

I tried again now, and was able to. Perhaps you have to just click in that particular area.

Will try the 'Unified Transform Tool'.

Solved.