Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cleaning GIMP from scripts/plugins
I would like to clean my GIMP up
Especially all the "FX_foundry" (absolutely useless for me and most of them are not working), and the "video" as you can see in the screenshot (same i never use it)

The thing is how to not mistaken them with plugins that I am using like few in the script-fu menu or other part in the menu?
Is there something in GIMP that have them listed with their file name with corresponding name in the menu with a delete option? (a bit like plugin-browser/procedure browser)
or any suggestion
No doubt some one could come up with a script for this, at least for .scm and .py scripts where the info is in the file. Or outside of Gimp some sed (or is it grep) command in a bash script.

For the one you have highlighted, FX foundry and GAP, did you install from a linux repo ? FXFoundry is the gimp-plugin-registry package. Uninstall the whole package.

Quote:The thing is how to not mistaken them with plugins that I am using like few in the script-fu menu or other part in the menu?

That is the problem Wink there are one or two in the gimp-plugin-registry package that might be useful. Packages like that install in system folders, not the best place if you are sole user. You can always unpack a deb and cherry pick. Looking at what I have installed in system and it is SANE and gutenprint everything else in local folders and additionally for little used scripts, Ofnuts AddonCollectionManager.

No need to reply. Wait for better answers.
(09-19-2021, 08:40 AM)rich2005 Wrote: For the one you have highlighted, FX foundry and GAP, did you install from a linux repo ? FXFoundry is the gimp-plugin-registry package. Uninstall the whole package.

I did an "sudo apt remove gimp-plugin-registry", it remove resynthesizer (heal selection, and so) as well
bad mojo, I re-installed it Wink

(09-19-2021, 08:40 AM)rich2005 Wrote:
Quote:The thing is how to not mistaken them with plugins that I am using like few in the script-fu menu or other part in the menu?

That is the problem Wink there are one or two in the gimp-plugin-registry package that might be useful. Packages like that install in system folders, not the best place if you are sole user. You can always unpack a deb and cherry pick.  Looking at what I have installed in system and it is SANE and gutenprint everything else in local folders and additionally for little used scripts, Ofnuts AddonCollectionManager.

No need to reply. Wait for better answers.

I found a way it was always in my sight near the date and the sticky notes in my top menu panel  Big Grin
the "MATE search tool" (in conjunction with the GIMP procedure browser it's smooth and fine to remove those I want only)