Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Clone settings
Cloning
I am used (sort of) with photo shop, when I clone I left click and then control and I see where my initial click was on the image and then it moves as I am working the area I want - be it a brush or solid circle.  With Gimp I do not see it and after I go over an area and 'release' the LH button, then  the change is made. Some where my settings are wrong. Any clues,  Tim
Sadly the Gimp Clone Tool has no on canvas preview like PS.

For more information you might want to check the manual:
https://docs.gimp.org/en/gimp-tool-clone.html
I'm puzzled by your description of the problem.

The clone tool works by first setting the source - Press Control then Left-Click-and-release
Then left-button and paint where you want the source copied to - the source brush outline follows the cursor movement.
When you then release the left-button the source resets to the initially selected position.
@Tim Clement

If you can be bothered with a video a quick demo.

https://youtu.be/0r1Z3HDbOmw 2 and a half minutes

Might give a hint
Here is what I do/see.
Control and left click over an area I want to copy. I do not see an outline of the brush.
I then keep control down and move the mouse over to what I want to change - and I see nothing happening until I release the LH mouse button.
Tim
Which brush are you using? The 'clipboard' brush when 'empty' does nothing.

Can you post a screenshot of the whole thing, toolbox, tool options, canvas, dialogues.

something like this

[Image: vjY8gFk.jpg]

although releasing the mouse to get a result is strange. Sorry not able to reproduce the problem.
(05-25-2018, 08:39 AM)Tim Clement Wrote: Here is what I do/see.
Control and left click over an area I want to copy. I do not see an outline of the brush.
I then keep control down and move the mouse over to what I want to change - and I see nothing happening until I release the LH mouse button.
Tim

Why are you keeping the control button pressed? Try releasing it before you start painting, otherwise you are just going to change the source position continuously.