Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Could someone send me the Liquid Rescale files?
Could a considerate Linux user take the time to locate the files needed to make Liquid Rescale work, zip them up, and post them here so that I can use them.

My version of Gimp AppImage 64bit, ver. 2.10.17 "with plugins", doesn't seem to have Liquid Rescale.  It says that it bundles that particular plugin with the app image I'm using:

AppImage site

but, it doesn't install itself. I'm hoping if someone is already using Linux, and using a 64bit machine, and happen to have a working version of Liquid Rescale, maybe they could pass along the plugin to help others.
It is not a working liquidrescale plugin that is the problem. More bugs (or maybe the same one as before) with Gimp 2.10.16 / 18

Quote:/tmp/tmp.lPuiEvGgIW/gimp/2.0/plug-ins/gimp-lqr-plugin)
attempted to install procedure "plug-in-lqr" with invalid parameter name "output target".

And it fails to install...back to Gimp 2.10.14 / 12 for you until the devs have it fixed.
(02-28-2020, 08:22 AM)rich2005 Wrote: It is not a working liquidrescale plugin that is the problem. More bugs  (or maybe the same one as before) with Gimp 2.10.16 / 18

Quote:/tmp/tmp.lPuiEvGgIW/gimp/2.0/plug-ins/gimp-lqr-plugin)
attempted to install procedure "plug-in-lqr" with invalid parameter name "output target".

And it fails to install...back to Gimp 2.10.14 / 12 for you  until the devs have it fixed.

Ah, okay.  I don't mind not having something as long as I know everyone else doesn't have it. Dodgy  Thanks, Rich.
G'mic has a seam carving function. Not as good as lqr Better at retaining than throwing away. But it is an option.

screenshots: https://i.imgur.com/noXM96i.jpg
(02-28-2020, 10:30 AM)rich2005 Wrote: G'mic has a seam carving function. Not as good as lqr Better at retaining than throwing away. But it is an option.

I certainly did not realize that was included with G'mic.  Appreciate it, Rich.
Searched the code for the offending parameter. Not many parameters so seems a quick fix.

Compiled in a 'buntu 18.04 environment so should be reasonably compatible but no  guarantees.
Tried in the latest 2.10.19 appimage and works ok.

Unzip the attached, Check permissions, Put the replacement plugin in your Gimp profile, it will supersede the original.

Attached Files
.zip   gimp-lqr-plugin.zip (Size: 190.61 KB / Downloads: 285)
(03-06-2020, 10:00 AM)rich2005 Wrote: Searched the code for the offending parameter. Not many parameters so seems a quick fix.

Compiled in a 'buntu 18.04 environment so should be reasonably compatible but no  guarantees.

Unzip the attached, Check permissions, Put the replacement plugin in your Gimp profile, it will supersede the original.

Wonderful, Rich.  It works great.  I'm using Mint 19.3 and am also now using 2.10.19 appimage.

Keep up the good work and thank you.
(02-28-2020, 11:37 AM)CtrlAltDel Wrote:
(02-28-2020, 10:30 AM)rich2005 Wrote: G'mic has a seam carving function. Not as good as lqr Better at retaining than throwing away. But it is an option.

I certainly did not realize that was included with G'mic.  Appreciate it, Rich.

(03-06-2020, 10:00 AM)rich2005 Wrote: Searched the code for the offending parameter. Not many parameters so seems a quick fix.

I am the maintainer of the GIMP AppImage packages, and I am just now trying to fix all plugin-related issues. Would you be so kind to provide me the fixes that allowed to get LiquidRescale working again? I will then prepare a patch for my build scripts...

Thanks!
It is only the  invalid parameter name "output target" error

The space in "output target" causing the error.

I only changed one line in main.c although there other references in help files / batch script etc. 
Added an underscore output_target

edit: Your lib files liblqr-1.so.0 are fine

One thing that you might look at while we are here. Common to all Gimp, not just the appimage.
nufraw plugin when executable will stop Gimp opening a SVG image. All depends which you consider most important Wink  I usually leave nufraw non-executable until I need it.  Might be worth a note to users.