Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Default Setting-Change
Where, on a linux OS, are my settings kept?  I want to modify these settings so that they override the default settings.  Thanks,  David
Which ones do you want to override?

All user settings are in ~/.config/GIMP/2.10 and most can be set from Edit -> Preferences

Otherwise have a look in the system gimprc file /etc/gimp/2.0/gimprc for the things that can be set (it has explanations) and ~/.config/GIMP/2.10/gimprc for the place to add 'overrides'
(02-09-2019, 06:40 PM)rich2005 Wrote: Which ones do you want to override?

All user settings are in ~/.config/GIMP/2.10 and most can be set from Edit -> Preferences

Otherwise have a look in the system gimprc file /etc/gimp/2.0/gimprc for the things that can be set (it has explanations) and ~/.config/GIMP/2.10/gimprc for the place to add 'overrides'

How would I override the View>Show Rulers default value of "x" for instance?  Not the world's most important setting, but a minor annoyance for me.  Any other examples of changes would be appreciated.  Thanks,  David
(02-14-2019, 04:32 PM)daveski Wrote: How would I override the View>Show Rulers default value of "x" for instance?  Not the world's most important setting, but a minor annoyance for me.  Any other examples of changes would be appreciated.  Thanks,  David

I suspect that the parts you want to alter are in the Gimp code and not changeable from the interface or the configuration files.

For example, while the spacing of a grid can be easily changed, the ruler is dependent on the units used, pixels, points, inches, millimetres ..etc

Make a wish list and sent it to the Gimp developers at gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/gimp/issues/ as an 'improvement'
(02-14-2019, 05:30 PM)rich2005 Wrote:
(02-14-2019, 04:32 PM)daveski Wrote: How would I override the View>Show Rulers default value of "x" for instance?  Not the world's most important setting, but a minor annoyance for me.  Any other examples of changes would be appreciated.  Thanks,  David

I suspect that the parts you want to alter are in the Gimp code and not changeable from the interface or the configuration files.

For example, while the spacing of a grid can be easily changed, the ruler is dependent on the units used, pixels, points, inches, millimetres ..etc

Make a wish list and sent it to the Gimp developers at gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/gimp/issues/ as an 'improvement'

Thank you.   David