Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Descreen
Hello,

I am relatively new to GIMP. I've done a search for the plugin to descreen pictures the plugin registry has been discontinued.
I've also searched this forum (Extending the Gimp) without result.

In its absence, how do I go about descreening images effectively in Gimp?

Using Win10 64bit
Gimp 2.10.22
There is an archived version of the old plugin-registry site but since you also need the fast fourier transform (FFT) plugin (64 bit) as well, I pulled those into the attached zip

Unzip, to a folder fourier and a script descreen.scm
Put the folder (contains fourier.exe and libfftw3-3.dll) in C:\Users\"yourname"\AppData\Roaming\GIMP\2.10\plug-ins
and descreen.scm in C:\Users\"yourname"\AppData\Roaming\GIMP\2.10\scripts

just a check to make sure it works Wink  Find descreen in Filters -> Enhance -> Descreen  and if you ever want to use fft on its own that is in Filters -> Generic

Attached Files
.zip   descreen-fft.zip (Size: 900.63 KB / Downloads: 3,076)
(10-10-2020, 12:04 PM)rich2005 Wrote: There is an archived version of the old plugin-registry site but since you also need the fast fourier transform (FFT) plugin (64 bit) as well, I pulled those into the attached zip

Unzip, to a folder fourier and a script descreen.scm
Put the folder (contains fourier.exe and libfftw3-3.dll) in C:\Users\"yourname"\AppData\Roaming\GIMP\2.10\plug-ins
and descreen.scm in C:\Users\"yourname"\AppData\Roaming\GIMP\2.10\scripts

just a check to make sure it works Wink  Find descreen in Filters -> Enhance -> Descreen  and if you ever want to use fft on its own that is in Filters -> Generic
Thank you ever so much. I will do so.
Best regards
Rich, I've tested the plugin in gimp 2.10.22 windows 10 fine tuned the result with GMic Qt (Testing/Photocomix/Dark Edges and Testing/Ian Fergusson/MultiScale Path Smoothing) and the result with gimp Filters/Enhance/Sharpen(Unsharp Mask). I find the transformation stunning. Thanks for the plugin.