Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AddonCollection Manager Problems
Thank you again for all your help and information.  All very much appreciated.
Pat, unless I'm not reading well, you didn't say "solved, everything OK".
Did you solve everything? Both on 2.8 and portable 2.10?
(07-19-2018, 02:34 PM)dinasset Wrote: Pat, unless I'm not reading well, you didn't say "solved, everything OK".
Did you solve everything? Both on 2.8 and portable 2.10?

Everything is OK now, I think, with 2.8.  I am still putting all my folders into zip files and they will be accessed in the individual dialog boxes.  Hopefully I will not have any more problems.

I am back to where I was with 2.10. I have not started to use the manager with it as not yet needed.
I know we discussed how to use one manager with two Gimp programs but after this mess, I am not doing that right now.

I was trying to find what caused the messed Up programs on my computer so to avoid that happening again but will probably never know.  I had some updates before this happened and we had a lot of storms with lightning.  I usually unplugged the computer when I leave it but may have forgotten.

Thank you again for your help and file copies.
I can't believe this but I am having problems again!.  When I first began zipping the individual brush sets for the add on manager as Rich instructed, there was no problem.  Each set activated and deactivated as it should.

Now I have done the same thing with pattern sets.  Some work, some don't.  Some only a few of the items in the set appear in the patterns dialog.  I do not understand this.  I have done all of them the same way.
Is there a limit as to how many can be in each folder?
Is there a limit as to size of the individual images?
Do they all have to be the same, as all .jpg or all .png?

I have redone many of them, but still cannot get them to work properly.  This is very frustrating!
I can't help, because I never zip the resources, anyone of my xxx_storage folders just contains sub-folders classified by what I think it's a good way to group them, and inside them each reasource is kept as it is, i.e unzipped, as well as the subfolder itself.
As far as my experiments go, you can have patterns as big as 4096x4096 (I didn't try to go higher) and PNG is supported.