Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Drop Shadow in 2.8.22
Just installed 2.8.22 and am trying to add a Drop Shadow to an image. The light & shadow drop down no longer shows Drop Shadow as an option. Help

There is a description on how to make a dropshadow without a script in this thread:

https://www.gimp-forum.net/Thread-How-to...-Photoshop

or download layerfx (link in same thread)
(01-26-2018, 01:18 AM)Espermaschine Wrote: There is a description on how to make a dropshadow without a script in this thread:

https://www.gimp-forum.net/Thread-How-to...-Photoshop

or download layerfx (link in same thread)

Thank you Espermachine - unfortunately that link references using Light & Shadows - > Dropshadow. When I open the Light & Shadows drop down there is no option for Drop Shadow.
You aren't missing just Drop Shadow, but also a couple of others. In your Gimp installation do you see usr/share/gimp/2.0/scripts/drop-shadow.scm, usr/share/gimp/2.0/scripts/perspective-shadow.scm, and usr/share/gimp/2.0/scripts/xach-effect.scm (that you all seem missing)?
Just a bit more on Ofnuts post, The remaining filters are all compiled plugins missing are all script-fu

Do you have any script-fu something.scm working?

Go to Edit -> Preferences -> Folders -> Scripts. What do the entries show?

This is linux, OSX will be different but should still be two entries. Is the 'usr/share..' one missing? Post a screenshot if possible.

[attachment=1370 Wrote:rich2005 pid='5609' dateline='1516957437']Just a bit more on Ofnuts post, The remaining filters are all compiled plugins missing are all script-fu

Do you have any script-fu something.scm working?

Go to Edit -> Preferences -> Folders -> Scripts. What do the entries show?

This is linux, OSX will be different but should still be two entries. Is the 'usr/share..' one missing? Post a screenshot if possible.

Hi Rich,

You are right. It appears I'm missing a lot of scripts. I noticed that I was missing other functions from other menus. The question is, how do I fix this? Do I need to re-install? Here's the screen shot...

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

I wish there were some experienced Mac users around.

If you installed a new Gimp 2.8.x over an older version, there might be a conflict somewhere.

Check in your Gimp folder /Applications/GIMP.app/Contents/Resources/share/gimp/2.0/scripts that the files do exist.

If they do, then check that script-fu is working. Look at bottom of the Filters menu for 'Script-Fu'

[Image: o3hsncp.jpg]
(01-26-2018, 05:28 PM)rich2005 Wrote: I wish there were some experienced Mac users around.

If you installed a new Gimp 2.8.x over an older version, there might be a conflict somewhere.

Check in your Gimp folder /Applications/GIMP.app/Contents/Resources/share/gimp/2.0/scripts that the files do exist.

If they do, then check that script-fu is working. Look at bottom of the Filters menu for 'Script-Fu'

[Image: o3hsncp.jpg]

Rich - you must be a miracle worker. I shut down Gimp (which I had done before) again and then went searching for any .scm files. Found a bunch of them. So, I opened Gimp. This time the drop shadow option appeared along with some others that were missing. 

Thank you for pointing me in the right direction. Looks like I am good... at least for now!