Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Drop-down menus unreadable in dark theme (Solved)
Hi everyone.
I just updated from Gimp 2.8 to 2.10 and I'm loving the new sets of themes and icons available. Now, when using the dark theme, drop-down menus are unreadable because colors are very light gray over even lighter gray. Once you activate the menu and it drops to select an option, text changes to black, which is fine. In the screenshot you can see the desaturate window with the drop-down menu to choose among modes.
Is there a way to change this? I see themes and icons can be changed but I didn't see anything related to menus.
Thanks in advance!

[Image: 2ezlgrp.jpg]
What operating system and window manager are you using?
I'm using Kubuntu 18.04. Window manager? Mmm... KDE Plasma 5.12.4?
It's probably the window manager interfering.

See if this post helps: https://www.gimp-forum.net/Thread-Changi...19#pid7219
(05-10-2018, 10:31 AM)Kevin Wrote: It's probably the window manager interfering.

See if this post helps: https://www.gimp-forum.net/Thread-Changi...19#pid7219

Yeah, no. I was aware of that and it affects only to pop ups. This seems to be something different.
Thanks though!
Using a Kubuntu 18.04 VM (so as not to screw up my 16.04), try as I might, not able to replicate your screenshots.

It will be in KDE System Settings somewhere. Obviously you like dark themes, but try something else maybe a default Breeze with a Desktop Breeze light.

Your could also look in Applications Style and GNOME Application Style (GTK) settings.

If you give what theme/desktop/color settings you use, might lead to a solution. I do not think the problem is Gimp, more incompatible KDE options.
Done!
I fixed it by changing the themes for Gnome apps. Didn't think that Gimp was GTK.
Thanks again!
(05-10-2018, 03:23 PM)fernando Wrote: Done!
I fixed it by changing the themes for Gnome apps. Didn't think that Gimp was GTK.
Thanks again!

The "G" in GTK is Gimp. GTK really means "Gimp Tool Kit".