Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Engraving Lines - an error occurred
Engraving Lines - an error occurred ...

I believe the problem is not the plugin, I always used it and it always worked well.
But since yesterday I can't use it anymore. I downloaded and installed it again, assuming the file might have become corrupted in some way, but it didn't help.

Code:
Traceback (most recent call last):
 File "C:\Users\...\Gimp-2.10.21_Portable-32-64bit-Win\lib\gimp\2.0\python/gimpfu.py", line 740, in response
   dialog.res = run_script(params)
 File "C:\Users\...\Gimp-2.10.21_Portable-32-64bit-Win\lib\gimp\2.0\python/gimpfu.py", line 361, in run_script
   return apply(function, params)
 File "C:\Users\...\ofn-engraving.py", line 227, in engravingThickness
   runForRenderer(image,source,renderer,gamma,blur,merge,capStyle,joinStyle,miterLimit)
 File "C:\Users\...\ofn-engraving.py", line 219, in runForRenderer
   traceback.print_exc()
 File "C:/Users/.../lib/python2.7/traceback.py", line 233, in print_exc
   print_exception(etype, value, tb, limit, file)
 File "C:/Users/.../lib/python2.7/traceback.py", line 124, in print_exception
   _print(file, 'Traceback (most recent call last):')
 File "C:/Users/.../lib/python2.7/traceback.py", line 13, in _print
   file.write(str+terminator)
IOError: [Errno 0] Error

Please, what could be causing this plugin to malfunction?

Thank you very much in advance.
No message in the Gimp console? or in a dialog if you don't use the console?
(12-15-2020, 09:17 PM)Ofnuts Wrote: No message in the Gimp console? or in a dialog if you don't use the console?

In addition to the message I posted in the previous post, there is also the message that appears in the Error console window.

In the layers window, an empty layer with the name 'Mask layer' is created.

I tried to vary the settings of the plugin, the path, but it always gives an error.

and...
==============================================================================
  GIMP Warning

Plug-in 'Engraving lines with varying thickness' left image undo in inconsistent state, closing open undo groups.

==============================================================================
Strange. Python seems utterly confused. Can you:

1) Close Gimp, and restart it
2) Image>New
3) Add a couple of brushstrokes on the Backrgound layer
4) Start the Python console (Filters>Python-Fu>Console)
5) Copy/paste this code in the console (line by line)
Code:
image=gimp.image_list()[0]
layer=image.active_layer
pdb.gimp_drawable_desaturate(layer,DESATURATE_LUMINANCE)
pdb.plug_in_gauss_rle2(image,layer,0.,0.)
mask=pdb.gimp_channel_new_from_component(image, CHANNEL_GRAY,'Engraving Mask')
image.add_channel(mask)

And if there is an error on a line, report the line?

Btw what exact version of Gimp are you running?
(12-16-2020, 07:30 AM)Ofnuts Wrote: Strange. Python seems utterly confused. Can you:

1) Close Gimp, and restart it
2) Image>New
3) Add a couple of brushstrokes on the Backrgound layer
4) Start the Python console (Filters>Python-Fu>Console)
5) Copy/paste this code in the console (line by line)
Code:
image=gimp.image_list()[0]
layer=image.active_layer
pdb.gimp_drawable_desaturate(layer,DESATURATE_LUMINANCE)
pdb.plug_in_gauss_rle2(image,layer,0.,0.)
mask=pdb.gimp_channel_new_from_component(image, CHANNEL_GRAY,'Engraving Mask')
image.add_channel(mask)

And if there is an error on a line, report the line?

Btw what exact version of Gimp are you running?
Okay, here it is according to your instructions:

Code:
GIMP 2.10.21 Python Console
Python 2.7.18 (default, Apr 20 2020, 16:57:11)  [GCC 9.3.0 64 bit (AMD64)]
➤> image=gimp.image_list()[0]
➤> layer=image.active_layer
➤> pdb.gimp_drawable_desaturate(layer,DESATURATE_LUMINANCE)
➤> pdb.plug_in_gauss_rle2(image,layer,0.,0.)
 File "<input>", line 1, in <module>
RuntimeError: calling error
➤> mask=pdb.gimp_channel_new_from_component(image, CHANNEL_GRAY,'Engraving Mask')
➤> image.add_channel(mask)
➤>

error:
 File "<input>", line 1, in <module>
RuntimeError: calling error

Version 2.10.21 is normally an "in progress" one. The official versions have even numbers. Is it self-built or does it come from some packager? No problem with the Gaussian plug-in(*) on my own self-built 2.10.21.

Can you post your XCF?

(*) On 2.10 it is mostly a "façade" for the GEGL operation.
I always download my versions on Sam's blog.
I also tested with version 2.10.12 this afternoon and the error occurred in the same way.

But this plugin worked before.
Maybe another plugin I installed may be causing conflict, or something else, I don't know, but the fact is that the plugin used to work.

I no longer have XCF but I can create one for analysis.
I'll send it as soon as I'm done.

I tried to vary the paths, the settings of the plugin, but it always gives an error.

Thx

.zip   EngravingLinesError.zip (Size: 584.87 KB / Downloads: 154)
Works for me:

A little closer to your installation. A samj 2.10.21 portable in a Win 10 VM (old and not updated). The plugin in the samj preferences folder:

Any extreme plug-in settings ? Any other plugins effected ?  Otherwise maybe look at some other cause. Was working before, not working now. Recent Windows update and security ?
(12-17-2020, 12:49 AM)Ofnuts Wrote: Works for me:

This second image (... Error2.png) was really cool!

(12-17-2020, 08:29 AM)rich2005 Wrote: A little closer to your installation. A samj 2.10.21 portable in a Win 10 VM (old and not updated). The plugin in the samj preferences folder:

1- Any extreme plug-in settings ? 2- Any other plugins effected ?  Otherwise maybe look at some other cause. Was working before, not working now. 3- Recent Windows update and security ?

Hi rich2005, welcome and thanks for trying to solve this puzzle!

1- I varied the sets trying to escape from the Errors, but even with the default sets they appear.

2- So far I have not detected a problem with any other plugin. Not that I have tested them one by one, but at least the ones I have used have worked without problems.

3- I'm not sure when it was the last win update, I think that less than 2 months for sure, maybe 3 weeks ago, I can't really be precise about that. Updates usually happen automatically.

I found that if I used my version of Gimp on the USB Flash drive (a version identical to my version in use on the PC) on another PC, the plugin would not have an error. But ... the error was repeated.   Sad

Code:
 File "F:\Gimp21021\Gimp-2.10.21_Portable-32-64bit-Win\Gimp-2.10.21_Portable-32-64bit-Win\lib\gimp\2.0\python/gimpfu.py", line 740, in response
   dialog.res = run_script(params)
 File "F:\Gimp21021\Gimp-2.10.21_Portable-32-64bit-Win\Gimp-2.10.21_Portable-32-64bit-Win\lib\gimp\2.0\python/gimpfu.py", line 361, in run_script
   return apply(function, params)
 File "F:\Gimp02Pastas\EstoqueGimp\Scripts\ScriptsAtivos\PluginsUso\ofn-engraving.py", line 227, in engravingThickness
   runForRenderer(image,source,renderer,gamma,blur,merge,capStyle,joinStyle,miterLimit)
 File "F:\Gimp02Pastas\EstoqueGimp\Scripts\ScriptsAtivos\PluginsUso\ofn-engraving.py", line 219, in runForRenderer
   traceback.print_exc()
 File "F:/Gimp21021/Gimp-2.10.21_Portable-32-64bit-Win/Gimp-2.10.21_Portable-32-64bit-Win/lib/python2.7/traceback.py", line 233, in print_exc
   print_exception(etype, value, tb, limit, file)
 File "F:/Gimp21021/Gimp-2.10.21_Portable-32-64bit-Win/Gimp-2.10.21_Portable-32-64bit-Win/lib/python2.7/traceback.py", line 124, in print_exception
   _print(file, 'Traceback (most recent call last):')
 File "F:/Gimp21021/Gimp-2.10.21_Portable-32-64bit-Win/Gimp-2.10.21_Portable-32-64bit-Win/lib/python2.7/traceback.py", line 13, in _print
   file.write(str+terminator)
IOError: [Errno 0] Error

Tomorrow I will test it on my laptop, but after having seen the error repeat itself on another pc, I don't think the laptop would be any different.

Even if there is no solution, thanks for the attempts!