Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Existing image list:
Hi guys;
I was having an issue with 2.8 & did an uninstall reinstall. From there, when I opened, my images are in a random order rather than alphabetized as before. What would cause this? Please include a fix if possible. Thanks.
(04-25-2019, 04:57 PM)skinbus Wrote: Hi guys;
I was having an issue with 2.8 & did an uninstall reinstall. From there, when I opened, my images are in a random order rather than alphabetized as before. What would cause this? Please include a fix if possible. Thanks.

Not really a Gimp problem, sorting lists are done by clicking top of the list. Clicking again reverses the order

For file size sort:

For alpha-numeric sort:

Possibly the most useful is sort by date, find which files you installed by accident when installing those big Windows plug-in collections. Wink
(04-25-2019, 06:11 PM)rich2005 Wrote:
(04-25-2019, 04:57 PM)skinbus Wrote: Hi guys;

Not really a Gimp problem, sorting lists are done by clicking top of the list. Clicking again reverses the order

For file size sort:

For alpha-numeric sort:

Possibly the most useful is sort by date, find which files you installed by accident when installing those big Windows plug-in collections. Wink

Thanks, but this really doesn't resolve the issue. Using either of these methods still requires me to scroll through all images randomly whereas alphabetically by image name saves a lot of time & was always the default image list.
(04-27-2019, 02:18 PM)skinbus Wrote: Thanks, but this really doesn't resolve the issue. Using either of these methods still requires me to scroll through all images randomly whereas alphabetically by image name saves a lot of time & was always the default image list.

I do not know what you mean by "requires me to scroll through all images randomly" when a list is sorted alpha-numerically.

Can you post a screenshot of the Gimp File -> Open dialogue. Maybe someone knows what you need.