Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Exporting for GBA
Photo 
I am trying to make graphics for use with the GBA but I need to know how to do make gimp use the colour space and type necessary. The GBA uses a 5.5.5 BGR colour format (five bits per colour and the 16th bit allocated but unused) and I need it to export to a mapped format that I can then convert to the necessary C arrays . Problem is I am fairly green with gimp and have no idea how to do this .
Gimp can export in C array format (see the XBM format). Otherwise if you do the conversion outside of Gimp any lossless format will do. If you want something easy to read, see the "raw" format(*), or the TGA format. You can also write a file-* plugin (C or Python) and export the file directly in the format you need.

(*) not to be confused with the "raw" sensor data from cameras...
(02-05-2019, 09:43 PM)Ofnuts Wrote: Gimp can export in C array format (see the XBM format). Otherwise if you do the conversion outside of Gimp any lossless format will do. If you want something easy to read, see the "raw" format(*), or the TGA format. You can also write a file-* plugin (C or Python) and export the file directly in the format you need.

(*) not to be confused with the "raw" sensor data from cameras...
Cool thankyou . I will look into this. I am guessing there is a way to set up the colours in the format I need as well, same way I can pick the RGB type. Might have to set that up myself though.